Posts by setmenu

Whilst i agree with a lot of whats been said here, I was [and still am to a large degree] in exactly the same position as you. You want a site first, then take the time to learn stuff later. Dreamweaver was my saviour, it is a great app. This site is great to help you get the very basics: HTML & CSS In Pictures Plus being such a popular app there is tons of info on the net, often quicker to find stuff this way then use the help files. You will also naturally...
Quote: Originally Posted by nsx_23 Hmm, Auto union hey. I'd love to have a Lancia Delta S4. Turbocharger + Supercharger + 4WD = Awesomeness^infinity. 6 litre, supercharged V16, 500bhp ,loved em for years, not got the millions needed to buy one though .
This would be my choice.
Quote: Originally Posted by DrBenway Yes, that is a general definition of the phenomenon. But some futurists predict that there will be, following that tipping point, a rapidly accelerating growth in machine intelligence. The machines sooner or later gain the ability to recursively modify and improve themselves, completely without human intervention. At that point, or shortly thereafter, they have absolutely no need for us. Does any machine 'feel'...
Quote: Originally Posted by bonkon Well the LHC is unique and brand new, they need some burning in time (I am not joking) and better understanding of the datas gathered. So they are planning to use pink noise non stop for the following 3 years (now I am joking). Last thing I read they were just getting the hang of steering photons around it,I can just imagine how tricky it must be, you would need a real light touch with that joystick to keep...
Quote: Originally Posted by bonkon FYI, collisions at full energy and intensity that is close to the speed of light is not scheduled before 3 years. If am not mistaken they are at 20% now and will increase while collecting and studying the datas. I admire their restraint....I would be tempted to crank her up to 110% immediately! .
Quote: Originally Posted by Lazarus Short The startup will be circumvented by copper thieves. Copper! Surely silver wire in such a hi end device? .
Wow, 5 years since this thread! There were quite a few pics posted but I think they got lost here a while back. There are/were a couple of other threads that detail the projects development too. The whole thing was great fun to do, and it progressed quite some way. I ended up with 3 pairs of headphones and a couple of fresh directions i wanted to experiment with. I learnt lots. They sound nice too To move the project on would have taken lots more $$$$ and would...
Quote: Originally Posted by vcoheda TERMINATOR: 'The man most directly responsible is Miles Bennett Dyson. He is the director of special projects at Cyberdyne Systems Corporation... In a few months he develops a revolutionary type of microprocessor...In three years Cyberdyne will become the largest supplier of military computer systems. All Stealth Bombers are upgraded with Cyberdyne computers becoming fully unmanned. Afterwards, they fly with a...
I eat lots of uncooked veg every day, no seasoning nothing.[except a some fresh chillies for a little lift] The tastes and textures are exquisite. Reasonably priced good fresh stuff is readily available in the UK, are people saying this is not the case in the USA! ?? .