Posts by setmenu

Hi Jazz, what is the ultrasonic content you measure in these hi rez systems/recordings? [music content , noise?] Are super tweeters etc still in vogue? I have not paid attention to all this last .00000% stuff for a while, just been enjoying my low-fi portable music, Interesting thread though. .
I dunno, i picked up a bit of crossover distortion in my youth. I blame it on exposure to early transistor amps. Maybe if i was older i would have a nice warm valve sound..
I would not worry about it, the amp [ or should] presents a VERY tiny load on the player. Most power is guzzled by all the number crunching the player has to do! Just set at a level that sounds best to you. I have a Clip and run that at 100% into an amp. Happy listening
2x ER4 2x D-EJ2000 2x Sansa Clip 3x Diy Amp 3x Stax 404 [ these were accumulated slightly different versions] etc The clip is my latest thing, got a compulsion to buy one every week fighting it though.. Think i have been a bit stressed and needed something to obsess over.
They work very hard at keeping the brand on top. I have lost count of the number of Ipod type 'stories' i have seen in the press over the years..
if you want your own shopping cart check out: Zen Cart | free shopping cart software it is popular and has a good community for support . This sort of software is must for managing your orders/customers.[ if you intend sell more than just a few products and hope to generate lots of orders..] And remember it's a mail order business so concentrate on building a seamless of stock to customer. The web side is just a part of it. Once you get all that sored ,...
Quote: Originally Posted by FallenAngel 2 things #1 : Stop listening to EE's, they're set in their ways and have likely NEVER bothered to question what they were taught. Use your own ears and be the judge! That's a bit harsh, what ALL EE's are stick in the mud's who will never advance their thinking? So who innovates the new stuff/ideas ? I have not been on an active duty with regard to audio kit advancement for a while, just enjoying what...
It's a good idea to open a bank account especially for Paypal and keep in it only just whats nessarsary to minimize potential losses. I do this I would not dare have a hole straight to them from my main one! it also a good idea for remote/online transactions in general. Sorry you got stung.
It's doing it's job though, wonder how many people there are over the world discussing this new look? .
I made some ribbon/planar phones using flexible laminates for my ribbons a while back. Still got my old Wharfdales too! Getting thin enough laminates in small quantities can be difficult. Check out this companies distributors closest too you. Nippon Steel Chemical Group You will need to look for the thinnest copper on polymide [adhesive-less] you can find. I have attached a pic of my driver, though the ribbon i ultimately used has a lot less traces on it. Good...