Posts by setmenu

Quote: Originally Posted by ericj They really remind me of setmenu's diy ribbon headphones - except his had a better frame. And of course he used a curved 'sine wave' shape on his ribbon - which he later admitted was problematic, because it meant that at least half of the traces on his ribbons were mere resistors because they were too far away from the magnets. But i can't claim to know what mechanism these raal drivers use, let alone what the...
Quote: Originally Posted by shigzeo I current build doesn't have write support, so I cannot save EQ settings. Rockbox will return an error on any attempt to write: playlists, EQ, recording, anything. My clip v2 is the same, cant write to it by saving settings etc but you can do some things manually by writing them to a config.cfg file literally writing in a text editor and copying the .cfg file to the relevant area in the .rockbox folder.this file...
Quote: Originally Posted by shigzeo It is great. No write support yet, so nothing saved: EQ, settings, playlists, even the database isn't available. I have to use files and then sort by folders, but it is so much better than that rubbish stock. You can apply EQ when you play it, but when it goes off, you have to start again. Anyway, much better than stock Fuze V2 which is my least favourite of players (maybe even more so than the AMP3 Pro2)! If...
My V2 build is r25435, not sure how recent it is, but still impressed how nice it sounds.[playing through amp er4 passive eq at mo] Probably well behind on build , haha no doubt will forget about it and still have this one while everybody else is writing to memory .
Bit the bullet and rockboxed an 8g v2 this evening , and wow, love it! That lovely EQ was my motivation, gives me the ability to assign custom ones to individual recordings if need be. But the standard flat sound is also very nice indeed. Might do the + once i am confident with this. Thanks to the rockbox folk!
I got my ER4,s a few years back,and initially had issues with that 2.5k peak which just was just too much for my ears. So i built my self a little amp and an in line passive eq and tuned them to suit. I have loved these things ever since! Careful tweaking of the lf and other adjustments give them weight and added refinement, and with a good recording marvelous sound stage. They are an absolute joy with dubstep through to renaissance music. So another big thumbs...
That's probably how everybody else hears their gear all the time, it's only us fussy audiophile types who don't. .
Quote: Originally Posted by marozie On a slightly different topic, does anyone have suggestions for a good mold making material? I tried silicone caulk (twice) and it just didn't dry through (silicone caulk cures via contact with moisture in the air, so it hardens from the outside in -- if the caulk is more than about a centimeter thick it just won't cure all the way through, or at least not in a reasonable amount of time). I have my earmolds in modeling...
Hi Duggeh Alas i am unlikely to make the can jam. I did take them to a little informal meet a few years back. After reading this thread i have just been reacquainting myself with them doing a little comparison with my Stax system. I still love em,with some decent development they could be real sweeties. I also intended to make a suitable amp for them too, something lovely and inefficient, hehe. Hope you do get to make your own transducer from scratch , it was the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Duggeh I've finalised the chassis design for a headphone I've been toying with for some time. Just got to find a fabrication place which can make it without bankrupting me now. With any luck, this and another project will be at Canjam. Are you designing your own transducer too? I did my own ribbon transducer phones some while back , but got to the stage where to take things further the costs would really start...