or Connect

Posts by rawrster

I am putting my SE846 up for sale. The reason for sale is that I am moving in another direction and no longer can justify such expensive earphones when I rarely use them.   I bought the SE846 in the middle of May 2015 off ebay from idjnow which I believe is an authorized dealer. I have an electronic receipt so I can include that if you send me your email. I have most of what came with the SE846 however I do not have one of the stock cables. I can include a cable from a...
Hi,   I am looking for a low priced entry level all in one dac/amp with a toslink input. I also need a headphone output. A usb input would also be nice. The sound quality doesn't matter that much since it won't be for music.    Something similar to the Audioengine D1 is what I am looking for. If you have anything similar and located in ConUS, please send me a PM.
I am putting my macbook air up for sale. I am the second owner and have owned this laptop for around 2 years. I used it minimally and used it mostly to browse the web along with video and music playing. My estimate of the battery life is that it will last around 3 hours depending on how you use it. There is a battery cycle count however I have no idea what that means. If a replacement is needed, you can purchase a battery at ifixit and it should be around $100 or so. I do...
After much thought, I have decided to sell my HD800. The reason is that I no longer spend enough time at home to justify such an expensive headphone setup and have not touched my HD800 in months so I am downgrading to a mid-fi setup.   I am the second owner of the HD800 and have owned them for probably 6-8 months. The previous owner was the first owner and did not put much hours on them. The headphones are in good condition. I do not believe they have any dents,...
I am putting up my Violectric V800 DAC up for sale. This is the first version of the DAC. The condition of this DAC is fair. I believe there are some minor imperfections (i think a scratch) however when I take pictures this evening i will be able to confirm. The reason for the sale is that I no longer have time to use my desktop rig so this has gone unused for months.   I am the second owner. The previous owner did not use this dac much and I have owned this for probably...
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I think I will go with the Chord Mojo since that will also play well with my smartphone. I was thinking of getting one anyway so two birds with one stone in a way. I am skeptical about the Mojo with the HD800 but I will need an adapter to 3.5mm to find out myself.   I could probably sell the HD800 but I'm not sure that's an idea I want to entertain at this time. This is my end game headphone and the most enjoyable headphone I've...
I am putting up my Auralic Taurus MK2 up for sale. The reason for the sale is that I no longer have the time to spend at home to use my desktop rig. I have not touched my HD800 in months and this amp has been not been used in months either.   The condition of the amp is good. I have not inspected it yet however I will do after I take pictures (will take pictures this evening). There are no dents, scratches, etc. that I am aware of. I bought the amp in May of 2015. You...
I don't have time to use my headphones at home anymore. I haven't touched my HD800 in months.
So I'm thinking of purchasing a set of these. I'm planning on downgrading my setup or at least start with selling my Auralic Taurus amp since I barely use my HD800 (or rather haven't touched it in months). I could use these at home potentially with a HD800 after I buy an adapter to 3.5mm and also with my smartphone and my SE846. I'm not sure about home use yet since I'm not sure what I'll do but the question I have is does source really matter if I want to use it out of a...
I would imagine you could just hire an electrician to convert it to the correct voltage. I can't imagine it would cost that much..   I'm planning on selling my Taurus soon (probably) if you want to go through that route however.