Posts by rawrster

The he6 is definitely something to consider. I still have not heard better mids than the one on the he6 and how everything sounds so effortless through them. The biggest con to them imo of course is the weight of the headphones. Compared to a hd800 the he6 is like putting a rock on your head.Also of the 3 top headphones I do consider the he6 to be the easily liked compared to a hd800 or lcd3
I'm actually considering buying the he6 and this amp but need more info first so you may be right about that.
 I would sell my SR007 rig so fast and buy a lighter and more comfortable HE6 if that ever happened. That's one of the few headphones where everything sounds so effortless and that midrange is probably the best I've ever heard. A good way is to try to go to a meet and hope it's not loud or if you have a hifi audio shop that has different types of amps that they could let you try with the HD800. I've never heard them but they don't seem to be very popular here.
There is a level of commitment and I'm still in the middle of it. The plan was to get a kgsshv but the amount of time listening at home has gone down dramatically since I first bought my sr007. However if I was to buy a 2nd headphone it would be the sr009 and a proper amp. I can justify my amp with 1 headphone but not 2.The hd800 is the safer choice since it's the typical plug that most amps are designed for. It's not a popular choice for enjoyment which I understand...
Back when I still had the hd800 I was shocked when I first heard the sr009. I thought it would be a higher level hd800 but that wasn't the case. The signature of the sr009 wasn't for me. I do consider them the best I've heard however. This was with a highly resolving setup too. I'm not sure why the sr009 are considered the natural upgrade to the hd800. Actually I don't think there is anything I've heard that would be the upgrade to it
I'm looking to either sell or trade my Rockets iem. I have the black colored cable with the silver housing. The blue/red things right below the housing is loose so you can move it up and down if you want however that is common with many Rockets if not all from what I've read about them.   I am the first owner and it is in good condition. I have used it for maybe 5-10 hours since I got them so it has not been used much. It will include all the accessories that it came...
I said that once when I had the hd800 before I ventured into stax
Are you getting the amp just for the UM Mentor?
So recently I've been thinking about getting a dynamic rig again with these as the amp and either the HE6 or HD800 as the headphone. I've had them in the past so I do know how the headphone sounds. It does seem like it matches well with the HD800 and should have enough for the HE6 although I haven't read as much about the HE6 (there are like 3 threads on this so hard to separate the impressions and the waiting). I do love my SR007 but I do miss the sound of the HD800 and...
I fail to see how Stax is void of diminishing returns esp the SR009. That headphone to me is the definition of diminishing returns even though it is a very good headphone. An 8k or so investment is 8k no matter how you put it.   I've always considered the best value in this game to be the $300 or so price range putting you at the high end  headphones of yesterday such as the DT880/HD6x0/K701 price range among others. I think for most this shouldn't be a surprise as...