Posts by rawrster

I think that means you fail :P
Hi,   Up for sale is my AKG Q701. I am the second owner to my knowledge and have owned them for maybe a month. The reason for sale is I purchased a HE-560.   The box is in rough shape but the headphone is in good condition. It will come with the headphone, stock pads, 2 cables and adapter to 1/4 inch. I will also include a like new K501 pads. Due to the bumps on the headband I have added some adhesive foam in between the bumps to increase comfort. They can be removed...
I'm not one for getting expensive cables but rather more functional ones so I'll see what my options are. I wish I had the option to DIY for these kind of situations.   I'm glad I go these though. They sounds pretty good with my V800/Lyr 2 combo. I had a bit of regret after buying them since I bought a pair of glasses last week or rather they robbed me. They came way too close to how much my HE-560 cost. I was going to get contacts too but after that price I didn't need...
Luckily I was able to pick them up today. I forgot how much the cable sucked in terms of function. The first thing I will be doing is buying a better cable. At this price it should come with a nicer cable like what the HE-6 came with. This is a similar cable to the one the HE-300 or HE-400 came with. I can't remember which one but both of them are very low in their range of headphones. The comfort on the other hand is by far the best I've had in a Hifiman headphone.
I'm going to try my best to make it. I always make it 5 minutes before closing if I am able to catch it before they close.
I have the same issue with the top bumps. After 20 minutes I can't use them so I ended up putting some adhesive foam in between.
I got notification that my 560 was delivered today. I was hoping I would get it yesterday but the snow storm delayed it a day. Hopefully I can get to the store before it closes and pick it up.
I decided to try the tubes I got last weekend since I have a snow day :) The tubes are pretty difficult to remove so I hope it gets easier when those socket savers arrive.   Anyway I took the Voshkod's out of the Lyr 2 and put in some Siemens E88CC/6922 A Frame. I really like how these sound so far with my UERM. It's a bit more forward to my ears but still sounds good to my ears. Hopefully every tube I buy sounds good :) I was hoping to try them with my HE-560 but a snow...
Hi,   Up for sale is my V-Link. It is a usb to spdif converter and the first version of this converter. I have owned it for 2 years or so and to my knowledge the second owner. It has not been used in the last 6-9 months or so and I no longer need have a use for it.   I have the plastic packaging and I'll include the cables I have. I can't remember what cables I do have but I believe they are both rca optical cables.   The price is $103 shipped including paypal fees...
 I doubt they need to. I would be surprised if the HD800 was not selling well. I was at B&H earlier today and everywhere I turned in the pro audio and headphone area there was some Sennheiser product. The Sennheiser name is everywhere in pro audio. If someone wanted the best and didn't know about the head-fi world I would imagine the HD800 would be on the top of that list.