or Connect

Posts by rawrster

I am putting my macbook air up for sale. I am the second owner and have owned this laptop for around 2 years. I used it minimally and used it mostly to browse the web along with video and music playing. My estimate of the battery life is that it will last around 3 hours depending on how you use it. There is a battery cycle count however I have no idea what that means. If a replacement is needed, you can purchase a battery at ifixit and it should be around $100 or so. I do...
After much thought, I have decided to sell my HD800. The reason is that I no longer spend enough time at home to justify such an expensive headphone setup and have not touched my HD800 in months so I am downgrading to a mid-fi setup.   I am the second owner of the HD800 and have owned them for probably 6-8 months. The previous owner was the first owner and did not put much hours on them. The headphones are in good condition. I do not believe they have any dents,...
I am putting up my Violectric V800 DAC up for sale. This is the first version of the DAC. The condition of this DAC is fair. I believe there are some minor imperfections (i think a scratch) however when I take pictures this evening i will be able to confirm. The reason for the sale is that I no longer have time to use my desktop rig so this has gone unused for months.   I am the second owner. The previous owner did not use this dac much and I have owned this for probably...
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I think I will go with the Chord Mojo since that will also play well with my smartphone. I was thinking of getting one anyway so two birds with one stone in a way. I am skeptical about the Mojo with the HD800 but I will need an adapter to 3.5mm to find out myself.   I could probably sell the HD800 but I'm not sure that's an idea I want to entertain at this time. This is my end game headphone and the most enjoyable headphone I've...
I am putting up my Auralic Taurus MK2 up for sale. The reason for the sale is that I no longer have the time to spend at home to use my desktop rig. I have not touched my HD800 in months and this amp has been not been used in months either.   The condition of the amp is good. I have not inspected it yet however I will do after I take pictures (will take pictures this evening). There are no dents, scratches, etc. that I am aware of. I bought the amp in May of 2015. You...
I don't have time to use my headphones at home anymore. I haven't touched my HD800 in months.
So I'm thinking of purchasing a set of these. I'm planning on downgrading my setup or at least start with selling my Auralic Taurus amp since I barely use my HD800 (or rather haven't touched it in months). I could use these at home potentially with a HD800 after I buy an adapter to 3.5mm and also with my smartphone and my SE846. I'm not sure about home use yet since I'm not sure what I'll do but the question I have is does source really matter if I want to use it out of a...
I would imagine you could just hire an electrician to convert it to the correct voltage. I can't imagine it would cost that much..   I'm planning on selling my Taurus soon (probably) if you want to go through that route however.
So recently I've gone through some changes in my computer setup where now all I have is a laptop and spend a lot less time at home than previously so time with my HD800 is limited. Actually it's so limited I haven't touched my home setup in months (3 or more). I have a Violectric V800 dac and Auralic Taurus amp. I'm thinking of consolidating into an all in one device that takes up less retail space than my current setup and keeping the HD800 or downgrading to an all in one...
    Samsung and Apple don't really need to be innovative imo. They both have something that works and it sells. Apple has been successful for a long time and Samsung dominates the android market. LG has a long way to go before it can come close to Samsung in sales. My thoughts are that in order for someone in the android market to not purchase Samsung a company such as LG needs to do something to distinguish itself. With most of the phones in this price range (S7 or edge...