Posts by Yikes

No. I'd try http://www.avsforum.com/ baring that try posting in the Computer Audio Forum
I for one am tempted by the Bifrost. I will however probably wait for the Schiit statement DAC. I have 4 digital front ends (3 DAC's 1 SACD Player) all of which sell/sold for significantly more than the Bifrost, and all perform very well. So I'd be surprised if the Bifrost bettered any of them. The Bifrost is being designed by a great engineer, one of the true pioneers of high performance high end DAC's. Knowing Mike Moffat's previous work I'm excited by what I'm hearing...
Wow... you really buy into the hype. Look at and read the test results from Stereophile for the ICEpower Bel Canto Reference 1000m amps and then read the test results for the Parasound JC1 Mono's that I got to replace the REF 1000m's. You'll find that the JC-1's are much more stable with varying and especially low impedance loads. The JC1's continue to increase their output power even into 1 Ohm loads whereas the REF 1000's shut down at 2 Ohms and only 1 KW, whereas the...
Obviously if someone likes something different than you they must be the one who's looking for coloration's   I hope that you enjoy listening to the measurements.
So what High End Equipment do you think of as being Overrated? and I don't mean just the wicked expensive cost no object items. how each of us "rates" an item is almost entirely subjective. So I would say that whether something is overrated has more to do with perceived performance than perceived value. If something is the very best then I would argue that it cannot be overrated, nor can it be overpriced. What price is appropriate for the best?   Some current or...
The manual might get you 80-90% of the way there, but to me close is not good enough. Which is why I have a few different Cartridge alignment tools and even a fancy scale. It's not rocket science, but it does require precision. Methinks you should learn to use Google.   I'm outta here.
Yes, but once again it'll be subjective and dependent on several issues:   The amount of wear on the Shure. Whether the Shure is in fact properly set up. (I'd be surprised if it were) Whether the Grado would be properly set up.   properly set up, new versus new I'd give the Grado a nice edge in sound quality.   If you believe that the Shure is in fact properly mounted (once again I'd be surprised if it were) then the least expensive and easiest route...
  All cartridges come with their Stylus. The Grado (and all Grado's in the Prestige line) have a user replaceable Stylus. The AT phono stage will work for your current cartridge as well as the grado that I recommended. the AT will work for just about any High Output Moving Magnet (or in the case of the Grado's Moving Iron) cartridge.   As to if there will be too much surface noise; It'll be subjective, what's too much for one person isn't for another. Record enjoyment...
Tease.
here's a link to a manual for your pioneer TT (You may have to register) http://www.vinylengine.com/library/pioneer/pl-s50.shtml   FYI - The Denon DL 103R is totally inappropriate. 1st it's too heavy (the pioneer table max cartridge weight is 8 grams the 103R weighs 8.5 grams) also the denon should be used with a Tonearm that is more rigid than the pioneers. 2nd the Denon is too expensive for someone who's looking at the AT phono stage.   For a modest budget...