Posts by Yikes

As far as driving the HE-500's goes, I don't know, but the Asgard drives my HE-5LE's really well. Since I understand that the 500's are easier than the 5LE's to drive I'd bet that it'll drive the 500's well, but until you actually try the combination you won't know for sure. YMMV
I love my PWD, but they have taken entirely too long to resolve some of the Bridge issues, and others still remain unresolved. I'm patient, but coming out with a MkII before the Mk I's are 100% leaves a decidedly sour taste in my mouth.   Money is so tight I've been considering selling my PWD, now I have to order early (with no idea as to if it really is better) to get the good guy early adopter upgrade price. If the Schiit Reference DAC was around I think I might go...
I'm still in, and a friend will be tagging along.   I'll be bringing a set of HE-5LE Headphones, a Schiit Asgard, and a decent source.   I'm also happy to provide the Silent auction sheets and stuff. If no one else steps up I can also MC the auction.   and consider this a reminder to consider donating stuff the the auction (typical items - CD's DVD's, Computer Stuff, Audio Equipment, audio Accessories, Headphones, used undergarments, what...wait )   Also...
My iPhone was stolen and I unfortunately do not have the funds to replace, so my bridge sits unused. I'm using a Touch as the streaming source, it's not as good but it doesn't suck either.   Finances mean that I will be entertaining serious offers for my PWD/Bridge.
From some of the posts here it appears that some are mistaken; the Bifrost does NOT upsample, It decodes what it is fed in its native sample rate.   Direct quote from the Schiit website:   "Bifrost dispenses with the sample rate converter and uses a sophisticated master clock management system to deliver bit-perfect data to the DAC, preserving all the original music samples--whether it's 16/44.1 or 24/192"
I believe that the question was specifically regarding when using SPDIF, still it's nice to know that it's a little more than a generic USB driver.
You should try pricing International UPS or FedEx. You'll understand the use of USPS.
Such clicks usually happen when the Data Stream is being interrupted. The DAC temporarily looses lock and the Data Stream must be reacquired. Some players stop the data stream between tracks (and some form of clicking can result), some PC configurations also can cause this issue. About 10 years ago I had a wicked expensive Krell processor that lost lock (and therefore clicked obnoxiously) between every track. It ended badly.   As far as the Asgard having enough power...
For what it's worth Sound and Vision has done a review of the PWD/PWT/Bridge system.   http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/article/review-ps-audio-perfectwave-system?page=0,0   Also in the latest PS Audio newsletter they have announced that effective December 1st there will be a price increase, but no info on how much.
I'm finally being forced to sell off my stereo, so here goes my prized Amplifiers (The matching preamp JC2 is also available).   2 Parasound JC1 Mono Amplifiers. These are amongst the best amplifiers in the world, regardless of price. They retail for $9000/pair. For complete information see Parasound's website ( http://www.parasound.com/halo/jc1.php ) They have complete specs and links to many reviews.   Amps are mint and I have OBM (They come double...