Posts by Yikes

So you're saying that people who basically steal the loaner (i.e. Not return them) should not be charged  for the stolen headphones, and a non-refundable 5% deposit (It becomes credit which can be applied to any purchase) that if borrowing two sets of $1500 headphones would be $150 deposit (ultimately being a store credit) is too much money for someone shopping for a $1500 set of headphones, once again I'm confused   If this Loaner Program comes to pass, it would be...
Hoping to get more respondents so this is a bump to keep it near the 1st page.
If you're planing on buying a set of headphones such a loan would be invaluable, and affordable because the deposits can be put towards the winner. It's not a service to let people audition product that they would never buy in the first place. The place considering a loaner program is a business, they want to make it easier for consumers to pick the perfect headphones.
Loan period would likely be 2-3 weeks. They wouldn't sell customer info. Failure to return the loaners would eventually result in the borrowers cc being charged, that being said the loan could be extended, especially if there's no one waiting for another borrow.   I just checked and it appears that Amazon does not offer much in the way of discounts on Reference level headphones. The dealer considering this program emphasizes customer service, not necessarily the...
Bump
  Hello Everyone, I recently started a job with a well known Audio Cables/Accessories dealer. At this dealer they have a Lending Library of Audio Cables that people can borrow and audition at home. So I am having a discussion with my boss on whether having such a lending library for High End Headphones would be viable.   Our thinking is that at least to start it would consist of higher echelon models (+$1000). The way it would work is that the client (Borrower)...
  Hello Everyone, I recently started a job with a well known Audio Cables/Accessories dealer. At this dealer they have a Lending Library of Audio Cables that people can borrow and audition at home. So I am having a discussion with my boss on whether having such a lending library for High End Headphones would be viable.   Our thinking is that at least to start it would consist of higher echelon models (+$1000). The way it would work is that the client (Borrower)...
Domestic US (866) 406-8946   FYI - The PS audio has a very informative Support section. It includes many email addresses and phone numbers. Why you asked here
There is Mechanical Break-in and Electrical Break-in. A DAC and Amp Obviously don't have any Mechanical component, but obviously are fairly complex from an Electrical standpoint. Since most users in this thread are finding that the sound of the Bifrost is changing over the first hundred hours of use (give or take) let's assume for arguments sake that Break-in does happen. If you want to argue IF Break-in exists I'd suggest that you head over to the Sound Science Forum...
As the Thread Starter I need to step in and remind people that this is a Show Off Thread, as in "Pictures Of Your High End System" It's not a Random Pictures of High End Equipment Thread.