Posts by Yikes

Still loving the PWD, still think it is the best digital source under north of 30k especially when sitting atop a Synergistic Reseach Tranquility Base and using a WW Platinum HDMI from the PWT. Sorry for the awful pic
sure, a $9000 polish unit with questionable distribution in the states, everyone is running out to do the comparison
These amps sold in December, sorry.
Hi,   1. Are you familiar with SACD? DSD? Yes 2. Do you own any SACDs? Yes 200+ 3. If so, what percentage of your collection is SACD vs CD or files? < 4% 4. Is SACD/DSD decoding an important consideration when you're looking for a DAC? Important? No (Since I have 2 high quality SACD players). Would I like it?  sure. 5. If you owned a DAC that could be upgraded to playing SACD/DSD, what would you pay for the upgrade? As high as + 30% maybe 40%   It...
I just finished the week from Hell. I moved, dropped an LCD TV on to my foot, spent two days in the Hospital with a G.I. Bleed. Too much fun for words.   I'm sorry to report a scheduling conflict. The NY meet is the same weekend as the Newport Audio Show. I must attend the Newport Audio Show, so I won't be able to make it to Long Island.   I will be in Newport with at least 10 high end headphones.   Have a great Meet.   Ethan Yikes  
I'll jump right on that 
Bump - To hopefully get some additional votes.
I ordered the upgrade to Mk II status today. Probably won't see the upgrade kit till late January, but I can rest easy, it's done.
The Loaners would be covered under the regular Manufacturers Warranty, so normal failures would not be an issue. However if the Loaners were say dropped in the toilet the borrower would then be the proud owner of a set of water logged headphones.   Reasonable care is expected, so wearing them in the rain would not be appropriate.   If the Voice Coils were found to be Fused (Which pretty much only happens by abuse) if would depend on how the manufacturer handled...
Currawong, Exactly.   Still hoping for a higher number of Poll Voters, so this is a bump.