Posts by Yikes

You've been a member for less than a day, and you've started 7 threads and posted an additional 18 times. You should take a moment (or a thousand) and read some other threads. You're asking multiple questions that are already well covered. Experienced members tend to only answer the same question a limited number of times. Therefore when you ask a question that has been covered ad nauseam elsewhere you'll primarily get responses from inexperienced uses.   In other...
 I'm surprised, not one comment on this photo? Tom, Ray, Jude and me (Ethan), all standing.  
It was a GREAT Meet! I'd like to thank EriK for an amazing job of organizing and hosting the meet, MOT's and others (Especially InnerSound (Jim)) for their generous donations for the "Not So Silent Auction", and Vinnie (RWA) for springing for lunch.   I'm not in the market for any Audio gear, so my listening was self limited. I wanted to compare the LCD-2 and HE-6 to my HE-5LE Headphones. On the RWA Amp/DAC system the HE-6 was stunning. I was surprised that the LCD-2...
They're way ahead of you.
I could have sworn that I posted this info about an hour ago but it's gone, so...   The Sennheiser RF Headphone System that I'm donating to the auction is working great! It's actually better than I remembered.
Copper Oxide is at best a poor semi-conductor, whereas Silver Oxide is still a very good conductor. So a Copper cable begins to degrade the moment it's made, Silver does as well, but to a much lesser degree. Is the difference noticeable? When new, probably not; several years down the road it's much more likely. But it's still YMMV.
Remember the Auction!!!! Bring cash! Or perhaps something cool to donate.   I am donating to the Auction:   1 RF Headphone System: Model - Sennheiser HDR-140 I believe that it is now discontinued, but it was the best RF system that I found (Admittedly I didn't spend much time looking ). It was well over $180 retail. I purchased it new in the Spring of 07, I used it for listening to Streaming Radio in my Apartment in Boston. I moved to PA in August of 07 and...
Looking forward to Saturday. I decided that I'm bringing a different source (The Oppo is a royal pain to remove from my main system- 11 wires to unhook). So I'll be bringing my Exemplar SACD-3000, which my back won't like, the SACD-3000 weights 4 x what the Oppo weighs.
I prefer to surprise you.
Really, no one eles morns the passing of a good to great composer? it's a sad state of affairs.