Posts by Yikes

What? Can't afford a set of "New" Headphones?   or for that matter a "Modern" Solid State Amp?  
Any DAC that they come out with WILL have COAX digital input. What Jason was alluding to was the difficulty in getting USB to sound good, but he hinted that Mike (A known perfectionist) was finally smiling regarding this dilemma. So I'd expect a DAC that has Both COAX and USB (Also probably TOS Link, but who really cares about it  ).
Koss KSC-75. Silly ass question, it's subjective. Might as well ask what's the best color.
Also, the reality is that 130 mW (.13 Watt) @ 600 Ω, 260 mW (.26 Watt) @ 300 Ω, 600 mW (.6 Watt) @ 100 Ω, and 1 watt @ 50 Ω (1000 mW) is an indication that the amp is infact acting as a near perfect current source (Doubles power as the load impedance is halved).   Everything else being equal (It seldom is) a headphones Efficiency or Sensitivity works this way. For every 3 dB increase in Sound Preasure Level (Measured in dB) it normally takes twice the Power...
I'm a huge fan of the Asgard. It's pure magic with my HE-5LE's. Even though the claim is that the final production (sic) HE-6's are as easy to drive as the 5LE's I found the Asgard HE-6 pairing overall to be inferior to the Asgard HE-5LE pairing. I think the HE-6 are great (IMO they spank the LCD-2's) but I'd say the Asgard liked driving the 6's, whereas the Asgard Loves driving the 5LE's, go figure?   This opinion was formed at the recent NY meet, so it was under...
Once again Koscheck makes the mistake of trying to do it as a Striker and for the most part he ignored his primary strength, and paid the price.
I follow collegiate  Wrestling so I have followed Koscheck's MMA career with great interest. His wrestling is his core strength, so he has worked on becoming a better striker. I think that in the last year or two he has tried too hard to prove that he's more than a wrestler, so he stands and bangs ignoring his core strength, to his detriment.   So Koscheck is my favorite MMA fighter. I watched some of TUF, and he came off as an Idiot and an AH. He certainly makes it...
Damn it Monkey! Never Ever ask a question like that!   The last thing we (As PWD owners) want to hear is how a ten year old DAC compares.  
you need a set of IEM's
I had my Exemplar SACD Player there. In the past I've brought my Exemplar (OPPO) BDP-83SE and an assortment of 24/192 DVD-A discs along with my PS Audio PWD and I found very little interest in anyone wanting to listen to my 24/192 titles. Aaron had his Exemplar (Oppo) BDP-83 that would play SACD and DVD-A. There's usually a few computer based rigs that can do up to 24/96, but since they tend to be USB based I tend to ignore them. (I'm not a USB fan).   I am in the...