Posts by blownsi

You can add me to this list.  I like the HD800 but only on perfect source material, for most of my redbook recordings the 701 just gets it right and the extra 5% that the HD800 reveals is just not worth the cost.  To be honest if the HD800 and the 701 were the same cost I"m not sure which I'd choose but with the HD800 at 5x the cost it's a no-brainer.
I still don't understand the trend to refer to them as "vinyls".  Do these same folks call CDs polycarbonate laquers?
There are several HD600 on AWD this morning for 221.99 in Very Good condition and one for $208.54 in Good.  
About a month ago the HD650 was $209 on AWD, I was so hoping that the HD600 would drop further as well.   Those Ferrari headphones are beautiful.  I think they will be a perfect birthday gift for the Mrs.  Does anyone know how they sound?
Suggested is the "S" in MSRP.  I take that to mean they can make up whatever price they want, that doesn't mean anyone will pay it.
PM sent
Do you really think the seller should provide support one year out?  I can't imagine someone running a sales business with the thought that they need to provide support a year later.  They would have to charge quite a markup to cover that kind of support.  Personally I'd rather have no warranty and a cheaper price on a product that has a great reputation.  Trust me if Honda would knock 3k off the price of a new car to take no warranty I'd jump at it.  The odds of a failure...
I personally don't think that any vendor should have to accept a return because a person doesn't like it.  After all, they are not the manufacturer.  Considering they will then have to sell the item as used and spend whatever time/effort is required to do so, I think 15% is more than reasonable.  I know I'm in the minority here but if I buy something I don't want, I resell it or give it away to someone who does want it and eat the difference.  
PM sent
Yes that's $250 for assembly plus the kit cost. $300 shipped for this is a great deal!