Posts by blownsi

Just wanted to say thanks to whomever posted the KEF IEM deal. Out of all the IEMs I've owned they are my favorite except for maybe the AN16 which have a different signature.
Those of you who are into vinyl, audio advisor has the record doctor bundle pack on sale for $199 which makes the extra strips and cleaning fluid free. Now I can finally say I bought something this weekend:). I must want all the wrong things this year because there are no deals on them.
I've seen a lot of talk about the Senn 6 series. Is there anything going on with the 800/800S?
Saw this over on AK: If anyone is looking for a good budget phono cartridge the Audio Technica AT100e has recently dropped to $49.99 on Amazon and a few other sites.
Just bought a Mojo for my full size phones and would now like to get a nice set of IEMs.  For reference my full size phones are HD650 & K7xx and my music of choice is Adult Contemporary & Classic Rock.  I'd like to spend around $200 but am willing to spend more if necessary.  Lots of people recommend the Angie but that is way out of my price range.
Best Buy 2 day sale includes the Vmoda M80 in Silver for $79.98   http://www.bestbuy.com/site/v-moda-crossfade-m-80-on-ear-headphones-white-silver/6366076.p?skuId=6366076
My RE00 arrived yesterday and I gave them a good listen for about an hour.  I would say they are pleasant to listen to but hardly worth the wait.  For $35 I didn't expect much but with so many glowing reviews on the lineage, I thought they may something special, they are not.   Cons:  Really hard to physically tell left unit from right, bass is light, weak display of channel separation.   Pros:  Laid back and smooth with good overall sound.     I especially liked them...
Review added to the impressions thread
You can download a free trial of Amarra to hear it for yourself.  I find it colors the sound in a pleasant but not accurate way.  I have also used JRMC and Audirvana.  JRMC has the best interface and remote app (for Ipad) but I find Audirvana is the most accurate of the 3.
For those of you on the fence on that SVS sub, Hsu has two Black Friday offers: VTF-2 for $509 and VTF 3 for $759