Posts by TheManko

Just had my first proper long term session wearing the P7. Was in a 3 hour Skype call, and after that I listened for about 1 hour of music. Not once did I take the P7 off my head during all that time, and once I did take them off after the 4 hours my head and ears felt just fine. No pain, pressure or even sweat. It only felt like my ears had been in an enclosed space for hours, which they had. But it wasn't bothersome. I could have worn them for a few more hours with no...
 I haven't had them for long, so I can see how my impression of them might change over time as I really get used to how they sound and the pads get worn in a bit. So far I'm enjoying them quite a bit each time I put them on and I feel like I'll be keeping them around for a very long time. They don't have any glaring flaws from what I can tell. They're a very well executed design.
I'm going to repost a slightly modified version of what I said in this thread about the P7 vs Kef M500 and Sennheiser Momentum.   Much to the chagrin of my wallet I went out and bought the Kef M500 and B&W P7 this week. To start with I think both sound better than the Momentum, so to some degree you're actually getting what you pay for with them in terms of sound. What both M500 and P7 do better than the Momentum is bass control. It just feels like the M500 and P7 are...
Much to the chagrin of my wallet I went out and bought the Kef M500 and B&W P7 this week. To start with I think both sound better than the Momentum, so to some degree you're actually getting what you pay for with them in terms of sound. What both M500 and P7 do better than the Momentum is bass control. It just feels like the M500 and P7 are stiffer and better dampened constructions, while the Momentum has some resonance that bleed into the mids a bit.   The P7 is a huge...
Still no firmware update for Windows. The Mac version came out September 9th with the promise of a PC version "available soon". Doesn't feel like they're in any hurry to get it out since it's been almost a month.
I haven't. I just assumed he wouldn't be able to help since he's in the US and I'm in Sweden.
 Yep, I have the B10K pots. I tried to change it, but the suppliers in Sweden bought a batch of the old ones when they were launched, and they still haven't sold enough of them to order in new ones, so I couldn't get mine changed. When I contacted Asus they told me to go via the store I bought the Muses Edition from, and the only ones the store is able to get is what the Swedish suppliers have, and so I'm stuck with this one.
I finally got around to comparing the headphone outputs between the Asus Xonar Essence One Muses Edition and HDVD 800. First off I have to say that the Asus is nearly catastrophic from a functional perspective. The gain on the volume knob is crazy. 9 o clock on the Asus volume knob is the same volume as 11 on the Sennheiser. The potentiometer works in notched steps and is also very cheap, so the first three steps you only hear sound from the left channel. This means you...
 1. Yes, the HDVD 800 has the same balanced and unbalanced inputs as the HDVA 600 which bypass the internal dac. 2. This is a trickier one to answer as it's a subjective call. For me the answer is yes. It doesn't transform the HD 800 into Audeze headphones or anything, but it's still a far cry from the cold sterile sound of the SPL Auditor which truly did make the HD 800 sound more like a scientific instrument for sound analysis, rather than a tool for musical enjoyment.
 I said it in my review, but might as well say it again. I did a comparison between the Xonar Essence ST and the HDVD 800 dac, using the HDVD 800 amp. They sounded almost indistinguishable. The main difference was some sparkly artifacts in the highs from the ST which the HDVD 800 dac smoothed over. Apart from that the tone, balance, detail, soundstage etc was basically the same. The markup from the HDVA 600 to the HDVD 800 is about €300, and the performance of the HDVD 800...