or Connect

Posts by TheManko

When I owned both the V200 and SPL Auditor (had had them both at the same time for well over a year) I did several comparisons, some volume matched. In the volume matched comparisons the perceived difference was smaller than when I just did my regular listening where I switched between them every few weeks or so. The differences were smaller, but still clearly audible and similar to the non-volume matched comparisons. In this case I was very familiar with them both and...
Yep, from ebay. It's a bit annoying that the majority of listings there seem to be fakes. Only a couple appear to be legit, like the Audiotrak one selling them for 79$ each.
The print on top was obviously fake, with the waves being straight lines and triangles, and the face had the wrong proportions. Even the paint itself was brown instead of white, so on first glance before studying the pattern it was clear something was off with them. I tried them first on a Xonar Essence STX which I don't use anymore to see if they would burn up, and then I put them in the Essence One for the actual listening tests.
I got some fake Muses01 which I decided to try out. So the config was 6x genuine Muses01 and 3x fake Muses01 in the unbalanced and balanced outputs going to my speakers and HDVD 800 inputs. I'm impressed by how bad the fake Muses01 were, as they basically ruined the sound completely. I guess that might sound a bit like exaggeration, but the balance of the sound was tilted in the wrong direction (less bass, less treble, more mids) and there was a noticeable decrease in...
I ordered the cable back in early May. Feels surreal that it might actually drop by in the mail soon. I'm detecting a pattern with Sennheiser for all the products they produce in-house in Germany. Has any of them been released at the time they were announced? To be fair I guess it's better to be slow and do things properly rather than rush things out the door.
Yeah I believe it only just started showing up in stores. It wasn't released at the same time as the HDVD 800.
I've had the HDVD 800 for ~4 months and I don't think I'd end up saving enough to make it worth the hassle going to the HDVA 600 instead. The price difference between the two isn't that big, and I guess that's where the problem with the HDVD 800 dac comes in. They cheaped out on it compared to the amp.
I got my Essence One Muses Edition back and yeah there's no question the dac is vastly superior to the one in the HDVD 800. I only got quick impressions before as I used it for a day before going back to the store with it. When I then used the HDVD 800 again for a week and now went back to the Essence One the upgrade in quality going to the Muses Edition was clear.   I'm really enjoying the combination of the Essence One as dac and HDVD 800 as amp. With the HD 800 it...
You only need to unscrew four on the front and the two middle ones on the back to open it.   Here's a video to show how it's done http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JlMk74Fj6c
The B10K pot has channel imbalance, while the A10K pot the newer Muses Edition has doesn't. The volume scale is also different as the B10K pot is linear and A10K logarithmic, which means that there's more steps for low volume on the A10K pot. I'll be using the Essence One as a pre-amp for my speakers and with the B10K pot there just aren't enough steps for low/mid volume before it gets really loud, and the channel imbalance was clearly audible until ~9 o clock on the...