Posts by TheManko

I was an early adopter of the P7, so I have now had quite a lot of time to listen to them. I can’t relate at all to your comments about the treble. Sure, there’s some sparkle in the high frequencies, but it’s modest, and I haven’t heard a single song yet where it’s come across as sibilant or strident. In fact I think B&W has struck gold with the balance they achieved with the P7. It has a slight emphasis in the bass and treble which makes loudly mixed music sound better...
The biggest upgrade would come from the Essence III. Even though the amp in the Essence III doesn't quite bring out the full potential of the dac, the dac still makes enough of a difference that it sounds better than the Essence One Muses Edition + HDVD 800 amp combo with the HD 800. Since you already have a good dac I wouldn't recommend getting the HDVD 800. Get the HDVA 600 instead. It's the exact same amp as the HDVD 800, just without the dac. The reason I'd steer you...
More impressions. Note that my first impressions post was done using the HDVD 800 as amp for the HD 800, so the Essence III was just acting as DAC. I have now compared the headphone amp on the Essence III and HDVD 800.   To me it sounds like the Essence III is using the exact same amp as the Essence One. When I compared the amps on the Muses Edition and HDVD 800 a while back the most noticeable difference was how the soundstage seemed to shrink when I went to the Essence...
Over here it's ~$10 cheaper than the HDVD 800, so just under $2000.
Xonar Essence III First Impressions   I bought an Essence III. I’ve listened for a few hours over both speakers and headphones with it, and so far I’m impressed. Going directly from an Essence One Muses Edition to the Essence III there’s an immediate and obvious increase in quality across the board.   First off the build quality is on another level. Sure, the knobs are still plastic, but now they’re backlit by subtle white light. It looks better in real life than it...
I read the manual and that's what it sounds like! Stereo amps with analogue volume controls also do remote control this way.
I like Nomax! The enthusiasm explodes off the screen from his posts and makes me worried he's about to headbutt his monitor to discharge energy. In 812 news the one store selling it in Sweden has jacked up the price a couple hundred euros for no apparent reason. I hope it gets to more stores soon which will sell it for the proper price.
I liked the Auditor quite a bit, so I'm sorely tempted to get one of these. Because it's also a pre-amp it ticks enough feature boxes that I can start rationalizing getting one.
What equipment is this? I've never heard of a digital consumer format that was 32khz. 
The Essence III is now in stock at a store here in Sweden. Price is 15990 SEK including 25% sales tax, so the price is right in the €1600 ballpark as expected. I had a look around various stores here and none of the usual computer retailers that sell the Essence One are selling the Essence III. It's (so far) only at the hifi stores, so that definitely is another indicator of the intended market for the product.