Posts by commando

Can anyone compare them with the Beyerdynamic DT880? NobleHiFi says "The DT880's bass is a little leaner than the Mad Dog, but it kicks harder. Overall the detail of the DT880 is more crisp and the upper ranges have a lot more presence and sparkle, but this makes the Mad Dog a lot more forgiving of higher volumes, where they really open up in the bass and soundstage." I listen to music reasonably quietly, from a mobile device at work, so I need headphones that work well...
I drive them to work in my Toyota Samsung Galaxy S4. Obviously I'm not going for audiophile sound quality, I just want to make sure the headphones are driven well enough to sound pretty good.
Thanks for the suggestions. The ATH is "heavy bass", which isn't me. The Sony relies on electronics and batteries to fix poor drivers, and they look a bit flimsy.
How well do these headphones work from an Android phone? Specifically a Galaxy S4. Dan suggested they were ok, but lacked bass. I'm not looking for Audiophile sound, just something better than average for work. Currently I use Beats by Dr Dre, which are ok but not great.
I have a good setup at home (DAC/MisterX PPA/LCD2) but I'm looking for something cheap and not too nasty for work. Mains powered, very compact so I can lock it away if required, preferably in the $50 to max $100 price range. It will feed the Mad Dog modified T50RPs, which I'll only buy if I can find a suitable amp as I'm told they don't work that well from Android phones. Any recommendations?
Thanks, significantly cheaper than Mad Dogs, but I think I like the idea of the better pads, head strap, money back guarantee, etc.Are there any stock headphones I can buy that are worth considering?
  Thanks MG. I'm sure the MD's are good and comfortable, I'd really love to hear if they're compatible with my sound signature tastes.
I'm still thinking about ordering these headphones, I want to check before I do that I'll like the sound and comfort. If anyone can guide me that would be appreciated.   I like:  - Audio Technica A900's - love the sound and comfort, but no longer available  - Audzee LCD2 - great balanced detailed sound, good comfort  - Sennheiser 650 - great balanced detailed sound, good comfort  - Beats by Dr Dre - mostly because they were free samples, like the noise...
Just a quick update. The A900X's I had were quite bad, the 3D wing provided very little support and they slid down my head and rested on my ears. I sent them back to AudioCubes, they sent them to Audio Technica, they've said they're not faulty - so it's bad design. AudioCubes to their credit gave me a full refund, less shipping.   So now I'm looking for headphones again - any further help?   Things I'm considering:  - MrSpeakers - they're Fostex T50RP's modded....
I sent my A900X's back to AudioCubes, who sent them to Audio Technica for repair. They've said they're not faulty, they're working as design, and to the credit of AudioCubes they've given me a full refund - less shipping of course. I think Audio Technica really need to work on that 3D wing system, the old one was great, the new one's just not good at all.   On the hunt for another set of headphones now. Not DT-770 (tried 'em, don't like 'em), so suggestions most...