Posts by commando

Thanks for the suggestion, but I need closed headphones for work.     Given I rate the beats as "only ok" for sound and comfort I think it says more about the 662F's comfort and sound. Given I own/run a headphone reviews website I've heard more headphones than most people. When my fiance asked why I don't like them I said "because I can't stand to have them on my head for more than 5 minutes, because of both comfort and sound". The beats don't hold a candle to the...
  I got the beats free as review units, they're not worth what they cost. They're more comfortable and have a less "sharp" sound than the 662F's. I'll probably go with Sony/Sennheiser/Beyerdynamic headphones, a lot more expensive than the Superlux but at least I can probably stand to keep them on my head. It's not worth the risk of bringing the LCD-2's to work, and they don't block enough sound out anyway.
Pretty sure I'm going to return or sell my 622F's. The sound is too sharp for me, and they push quite strongly on my jaw - probably because I have a smaller than average head. I can't stand to keep them on my head for more than about 10 minutes at a time, both comfort and sound wise.   Back to my Beats by Dr Dre for now (much better comfort/sound), and then to the headphone store... going to have to buy something probably 4-6 times more expensive to get good sound...
  Thanks for the tip. I can't really be bothered doing that, can you buy them? I'd probably just buy new headphones, or play with the equalizer. Any reason hardware's better than an EQ?   Still have to reduce the clamping force too, they're a bit much on my jaw, despite being stretched out on 20cm of books for a few days.
Just got the 662F. I can compare with A900, Audzee LCD2, and I've heard a good few headphones. Mine have around 24 hours burn in on them.   So far the 662F are good for the money. The bass is strong, but not too strong. Mids are good, clarity isn't awesome but it's not too bad and it's good for the money. To my ears the biggest problem is the highs, which are sharp and bother me a bit on most music. I'm going to have to work out how to tame them a bit if I'm going to...
My 662F's arrived today, surprisingly quickly. They've had an hour of burn in, so still very early. They're not too bad, and they're pretty great for $50 headphones. Good strong bass but not too strong. Mids are decent, not super clear and a bit veiled, but not bad. Highs are there, but are probably the weakest point. Music sounds good, not quite natural, but fine. The clamping force is pretty high to the point it's a bit uncomfortable but not too bad, I'll have a go at...
That's a tight budget. Superlux 662F - read up here for reviews. F model = balanced, B = bass heavy, there's one other as well, there's a post that talks about the variants as well as a link on their website. $50 shipped from ebay/Asia, sometimes available in the USA directly. Mine are on their way.
  I posted it above in spam protection format - parts at  atus dot com
I was considering cans in the same range, for work. I've ended up ordering Superlux 622F (B model is extra bass) for $50 shipped from ebay. Build quality will be significantly below the cans you've mentioned, and they're not portable, but sound and comfort is meant to be amazing for $50. Have a read up on reviews, there are some threads as well. If they're no good then I'll go back to considering the $300 headphones.
Hey guys, looking for comfortable closed cans for work. Something detailed, a little extra bass is fine but not DT770 levels, comfort with reading glasses is more important than the best sound. A900 type sound is good, Beats by Dr Dre (currently wearing, they were free) aren't super detailed but the sound isn't too bad. I was thinking Senn Momentum, Sony R1, but this is just to block out noise at work and I don't really want to spend that kind of money if I can avoid...