Posts by mchang

After such a quick sale of my Pico, I'm offering my OMZ DAC for sale. OMZ = Oritek-Modded Zhalou. Version 4.1.   Love the unit, but I'm just not listening to it these days. Could use the money for my new hobby (bass fishing).   I am the first and only owner. Non-smoker. Can send my original invoice from Ori to confirm. It is only a DAC. The unit is in fantastic condition with no visible scratches or dents. For advertised $XXX, the unit will ship with standard...
Response has been overwhelming. I've replied to six Head-fiers already. Glad to see the Pico still holds such demand and value.    Feel free to PM me if interested, but I likely won't respond unless the fast 6 back out.   Thanks again.
Love this DAC/amp, but I'm just not listening to it these days. Could use the money for my new hobby (bass fishing).   I am the first and only owner. Non-smoker. Can send my original invoice from Headamp to confirm. Serial #127, silver. Other than a few scratches on the bottom (see pic) and 3 teeny tiny pits on the top, the unit is in fantastic condition. Have original leather pouch and A/C adapter. Can also throw in a USB cable. Sounds great with my Ety hf3 and...
And all is right in the world. "New" hf3 in ears -- cleaned, new filters, new olives. Ahhh....
Thanks for the reply, mark2410. Using the iBuds (especially the new ones that fit a lot worse than old styles) has been like nails on a chalkboard. A little part of me dies every time I put them into my ears.   Relief is on the way, though! I won an eBay auction for a supposedly "new, was a gift" pair of hf3. As I have two sets of accessories and a bag of olives, I don't care if its just a puffy with the Etys and a note that says "these were stolen off a hobo." I...
Dredging up an old thread...   My hf3 have gone AWOL. I'm so very bummed.   And considering I bought two pair (when Best Buy had them on clearance for ~$80) and now have lost both in about a year's time, I'm actually extremely bummed. First loss was flying-with-a-6-year-old forgetfulness. The second is just baffling; I had them on Saturday, then gone on Tuesday.   I'm debating whether to pay full retail on a new pair, buy from a sketchy Amazon Marketplace...
@blueangel2323: Tin (melt some solder) the tips of the individual wires first. Also tin the plug parts where you will be attaching the wires. Just a VERY SMALL AMOUNT to each area.   Then mate the tinned wire to the tinned plug part. Hold in place with fingers, helping hands, or tweezers. Introduce hot iron tip. Count to 5-Mississippi tops and remove iron. In that time, the two tinned areas should fuse together. Depending on how much/little tinning you did to wire...
If you use the Mogami as-is (with its rubber sheathing on), it will be more than properly shielded. Under the sheathing is a layer of wiring that is there to provide shielding. And beneath that, the individual wires are twisted, which purports to cut down on interference as well.   Translation: You don't have to braid, although it is easy once you get a system/rig set up. But you will need to learn to solder. Look online for videos and get practicing before you...
Very weird. It's been pretty much plug-and-play on my Macbook Pro. I didn't even mess with the Audio MIDI setup. Here are my settings if it helps.   Edit: I will admit that I've never heard of Clementine. I'm listening through iTunes.            
Apologies if this is obvious, but JDS Labs also sells a combo unit with ODAC and O2 in a single case.   I assembled a O2 six months ago and retrofitted the JDS Labs-sold ODAC assembled board a few days ago. Sounds great!   And my routines for plugging and unplugging are as follows (nothing scientific, based on suggestions collected over the years, and there are times I forget): Power off before swapping inputs (RCA, mini, USB, optical) Turn volume down...