or Connect

Posts by linuxworks

it does not have to be all-or-nothing.  you could make a linkable library available (or just some .o files) and some headers and draw a line where the source ends and binary blob begins.  it happens enough that its an understood problem. talking to the SoC chips is asking a lot; so give an api that abstracts things and gives enough control so that a user (programmer) could write an event loop and handle things that they want, display to the screen what they want, etc. it...
there are two tell-tales about incorrect rotary encoder handling:   1) turning too fast causes skipped events, possibly even moving you backwards   2) turning too slow causes false events and 'bounce'     sadly, both of those problems exist on the x3-2 wheel.  pretty odd that even turning it slow and carefully causes bounce and double/partial events.  I keep saying this, but my gut feeling is that if they were using 4 states in the state-table, that the slow-term...
well, like I said, its a long-shot and lots depends on how their system is designed to work and how they read the encoder.   but it does seem very much like when I tried reading rotaries and only used two states instead of 4.  that, and lack of frequent enough polling of the 2 lines on the rotary would cause events to be missed if the user turned too fast.  and also, I think that the 4 states style helps reduce edge noise or false state-changes.   so, we might get...
wow, it was $48 when I checked it, last.  grabbed 2 at that price.   the first one I bought, right when the x3-2 came out, costed $80, so its back to the 'old' price now, I guess.
I never heard from anyone at fiio about the scroll wheel issue.   the issue is that rotary encoders have 4 states as you turn the knob and a lot of the wheel devices out there only seem to track the 2 obvious main states, but by taking that short-cut you miss the middle states and those help stabilize the wheel.   you also need to be able to get interrupts OR poll the wheel (2 digital lines) fast enough.  if they are polling and their big poll loop can't 'come around'...
cool. and just to be clear, we are talking about using the 200gb card in the internal sd slot and not via usb otg via an adapter, right?   when I hear 'browse mode' I think usb otg, but maybe I'm out of date.   yes, right now, amazon has the 200gb card for $150.  very very tempting! ;)  was $200 just recently.
sorry if this has been answered: but curious if the new (?) 200gb micro-sd cards are supported?  or if they even -can- be, in this player?
if its ok to post a link to an external show-report:   http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/home/show-reports/show-report-head-fi-meet-july-18-2015.html   ob disc: I was mentioned in that show report, but I am not connected with the site.  I met john for the first time at the event and spent some time with him, not knowing it would be in his review.
it was fun talking to everyone who stopped by.  here's what I brought this year:       Left to right: an arduino thermostat (yellow oled display), spdif switch with input selector and sample-rate display in large LEDs; the Fiio x3-2 audio player, an AK4399 DAC, a zibgee-ir gateway (remote control format translator), my arduino oled/xbee handheld remote control on Qi charging cradle, a 4 digit nixie clock that can receive numeric 'messages'; and of course, the...