or Connect

Posts by TimSchirmer

Yes thanks again Tyrion! This was a great meet (with great meat). The newer Hifiman cans really surprised me!  Cheers, Tim 
I miss the old school head-fi/headwize days! I totally like talking to other hobbyists. Since then I've noticed a lot of profiteers and "flippers" join the community who don't really care about the sound, but just want to make a quick buck. Sad really.
Thanks for the heads up Tyrion! I'm down too! 
Unfortunately not... I need the money for a new apartment.
Still a great Amp/DAC today. Some nicks from a long life in the studio. Some say it sounded better than the m903. This D/A has the exact same amplifier section as the mighty M920. This is a real piece of studio reference gear and has FAR better sound and build than most of the Generic Sabre clones with weak analog output stages. To my ears it also surpasses the Geek Pulse X and the new Benchmark DAC1. I will also throw in a Monster M-Series reference Coax cable. Price...
I am unfortunately parting with my beloved reference headphone setup as I am moving into a new apartment soon and must pay deposits and such. If you are a serious head-fier, then you already know how great these sound. I prefer them to the GS-1000's which I've also owned. They have been well loved since I bought them and are now in need of a new home. No lowballers. Serious buyers PM me, Best, Tim
I would like to know too. I recently acquired an M901 and am blown away by how good it sounds for a 10+ year old DAC. Call me deaf but sometimes I prefer those late 90's dac chips with a good analog output stage over a lot of the newer dacs with a weak analog output stage.
Something over the winter breaks, or on a weekend in January is fine for me.
Let me know what you think of the Mojo. I'm currently using a Grace M901 and am loving it despite the fact it's probably quote dated. I wasn't that impressed with the Hugo for the money, but I would really like to see if they have a good bang for your buck with the Mojo. Otherwise I'd probably just hold off and get the M903 when I save more $.
username: timschirmer   I'd really like to see more analog gear on Massdrop. (I think it would really get the younger generations into more high quality gear. If we get hipsters to use real turntables properly instead of using cheap Fischer Price type stuff, it will help preserve the vinyl of the world for future generations.)