Posts by TimSchirmer

Koss will fix them. It usually takes a few days, but the service is great.
I'm in Brattleboro, VT, right near Keene.
These are soooooooooo good. Now that I have a Meridian director, I can just throw it in the ESP-950's box where that battery pack usually goes and I have a really awesome transportable electrostatic rig. Low footprint is important for me as I move to different countries every few years.
Guys I don't think I can go. I don't have a ride to Nashua, and amtrak looks like it won't be an option.
I just got my Koss 950's back and they look like they're brand new. They did some reconditioning and changed the serial number. These babys sound pretty awesome, even with the stock amp. I've finally found a replacement for my beloved AKG K340's!
This has been for sale on head-fi way too long. I've moved it to eBay with a $9.99 start price, so bids will be done there. I do however reserve the right to end the auction if I get a good trade deal   http://www.ebay.com/itm/131308928618
Nice front end. Your system is screaming for Stax though :P
P.S. I also use a Meridian director and am currently pretty happy with it.
The Chord hugo is mostly trendy audiophile hype IMO. You're paying a LOT of cash for something that doesn't sound a whole lot better than a Geek Out 1000 IMO.   I'd vote for the Naim V2 out of those. Naim has bar none the best resale value of any of the high end audio brands out there thanks to Naim's rabid cult following.   However, you might also want to listen to an Apogee Symphony I/O if you are have an apple-based system. It's based on the Sabre 9018 and sounded...
The best Sabre DAC I've heard was definetly the Apogee Symphony. That said, there are tons of Wolfson and Cirrus Logic based DAC's out there that sound amazing too.