Posts by Quelch

I'm trying to decide between: Senheiser HD 555 and Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Both around $200- Australian The Audio Technica ATH-AD700 have velor ear pads whereas the Senheiser HD 555 have pleather Do the Senheiser HD 555 ear pads last long term or can they be replaced if they disintegrate Sound wise they both seem very accurate and clear, it's hard to decide after a quick listen in store Anyone able to recommend between these two ?
Quote: Originally Posted by F107plus5 Ok, frivolous post. But since you asked. Yeah! Had a pair I bought in Japan when I was in the Navy back in the 60s. They were nice. Comfortable. Quality workmanship and materials. How did they sound? Don't remember. Ok, I guess. Doesn't matter now. That was a long time ago; things change. Yeah; frivolous post. Fun memories though. Jeez ! You must be nearly as old as me !
Quote: Originally Posted by Acix The ED9 it's a different characteristic sound, than the Proline. ED9 siblings is the HFI Line, and NOT the proline (different animal, and a funny one too..). The Proline onwer brain can not get this understanding until he experience the ED9, or even other HFI cans. After proline onwer experiece the ED9 effect, funny things can happen. The proline onwer can PLIP... and he can plip hard! The HFI line are the cheaper...
How does the pleather last in Sweden ? I had some expensive AKG headphones, they sounded excellent but here in sub-tropical Queensland the pleather disintegrated and stuck to my ears I would never buy headphones with pleather again My Ultrasone HFI-2200ULE are velor, highly recommended, I wear them for hours without fatigue Warm involving sound, ideal for two or three hours of movies and long music sessions I like the safety features that the Ultrasone's have...
Thanks for all the ideas and advice Evan though you've all made me realise it's not as simple as I expected ! The music I listen to on the computer is not online radio, it's 'free to air' digital radio, I have a Compro TV card and a good quality antenna The same quality sound as digital TV ! I'll upgrade the sound card first, can you suggest a card to get, or where to look on the forum How do I disable the existing Realtek when I install a new card, I think...
Hi all, I need new headphones and would appreciate a little help in deciding I'm currently using Panasonic RP-HT41 listening to video sound and digital radio on the computer I'd like to upgrade to better sound without going over the top money wise, say around $200- Australian, that's about a hundred pounds or so UK I have an Asus P5K SE/EPU motherboard with 'Realtek High definition audio' So I need headphones with: The ability to reproduce the...