Posts by Quelch

Dayton DTA-100a mini review                            The Dayton Audio DTA–100a offers a notable improvement in audio quality over computer sound, a pretty good headphone jack the DTA–100a’s headphone jack is on par with that of an inexpensive headphone amplifier Using my Sennheiser HD25-SD11, Ultrasone HFI-2200 ULE and TDK in ear monitors the sound seemed cleaner, more detailed, I wanted to keep listening to my music ! Tried it with my Nexus 7 tablet too and...
Thanks for the reply billybob   I've just bought the 'Dayton Audio DTA-100a Class-T Digital Amplifier 50 WPC Black' from Amazon $105- Aussie dollars plus $20- delivery, so not a huge investment   Read umpteen reviews of it and decided it was one of the best available and it has a headphone output which is claimed to be for high quality headphones   I'll be using it to power hi-fi speakers from the computers as well as headphone use from the computer and a...
I'm interested in trying one of the cheap Chinese tripath amplifiers or T-amps A headphone amp or an intergrated amp with headphone socket Some of these tripath amps are said to be very good soundwise   Any recommendations to try ?
Definitely get your hearing checked as soon as possible as hearing can deteriorate further rather quickly with some conditions
Ultrasone HFI-2200 ULE  Velor pads Five and a half years old, still excellent sound Do headphones improve with age as do musical instruments and speakers ?   Small cracks in headband, doesn't effect the use of the headphones   It was DexDexter that got me into Ultrasone headphones too !
Are you playing music from your desktop/laptop computer or from CD player   What price range are you comfortable with for a headphone amplifier   Playing music from a computer you will probably need a DAC/amplifier combo   More questions than answers,I know but it should help others give you some advice !
What do you think of the AudioQuest DragonFly DAC and headphone amplifier   For use with a laptop computer as a music source with loss-less recordings on the hard drive ?
  QA-350 WAV high fidelity music player from QLSHIFI   It’s a remote digital WAV transport integrated with an internal DAC and headphone amplifier. It plays WAV audio files to headphones or to line out So you could use it connected to your computer as a headphone amp and DAC Plus using it in place of a CD player using its line out to a hi-fi amp and speakers Exact Audio Copy (EAC) is free to down load and use, it makes a perfect copy of your CD’s so you don’t need a CD...
Sennheiser HD 25 SP I use Sennheiser HD 25 SP Ideal for use with a computer, you can hear all the fine detail in the movies A DJ's headphone, tough as, with excellent sound for movies etc cuts out most external sound, recommended as being better than noise canceling headphones which are thought by some to be a bit of a gimmick ! I got advice from the headphone forums 'head-fi.org' and headwize.com
When I was a kid in England they (teachers, parents, grandparents etc) used to tell us not to put anything in your ear smaller than your elbow Obviously it's impossible to put your elbow in your ear, the message was that you don't put ANYTHING in your ears ! I too use earplugs but not any more You sent a shiver of fear through me After reading this post I'll only use earmuffs and headphones, supra aural when I'm out, I don't care if i do look a dork ! Hope...