Posts by ri_toast

these are the informal rules for headfi meets, really common sense. No one will be checking you at the door for hair gel, wet hair etc.   Oddly the wet hair and stats do not mix well.......yes, do try this at home (with your own) if your so inclined. also fire and gasoline are like water and electronics, a no-no It's been my experience (2 other meets) that twice as many people show up than sign up and I suppose there will be the random customer wandering through. I...
@luberconn I thought the Samsung had a really good audio section, so wow! My last two phones have been HTC and I have had no complaints with any of the audio, power and quality. Then again I don't listen LOUD, just loud and not prolonged if ever.   I have a few iems that are nearly as efficient as the  UE 6000s tenores and ie8 are in that group.   I do have one of the original Little Dots MKI. I use that with the HE400s. I wouldn't give up the button control of...
Not cheap looking or feeling at all.Try to think of this as a Sennheiser hd650, closed of course and easier to drive.I run this headphone from my phone. With volume at 3/4 it's plenty full.Read the review here if you haven't already http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-good-logitec-ue6000-and-ue9000 noise cancelling in my opinion is not so great but better than nothing. You might be pleased at how good it works.
It might be my glasses (rather close to my skull) but I have no problems with a seal.  I listen mostly in passive but the tiny boost is, at times, welcome.What has gone unsaid in this thread is how well they pack for travel. Cable off, two folds, stuff and ur done!I picked mine up on ebay for 36.00, yep, white and in good shape. I spend more time in these than any other full size headphone I have. My only complaint is after a few hours they can be uncomfortable.
I wasn't offended by the old man comment, just sounded (read it) strange. Tubes do add some warmth (generally) even some older solid state units will do the same. the he400s are 299 any number of places right now since it has been replaced by the 400i. I listened to the 400is and the 560s and didn't like either. The 400is sounded like there were tiny empty tin cans attached and had a slightly hollow sound. They were much lighter though. The 560s were too recessed and...
"SRM-1/ MK-2 connected to a Primaluna tube amp"   why is this connected? the mk2 is an integrated amp that is capable of taking a line level source input. It can also pass through a signal to another amp or preamp that has a headphone output.   example: my mk2 is fed by a modi. the pass thru on the mk2 is routed to the magni. with the stax amp off I can still listen to the 400s through the magni/modi, I could listen to both sets simultaneously.   they are very...
I don't think planar headphones change like some dynamics do. That was my experience with the 400s anyway.
That WAS YOU!!!!!! lol, I thought you did a great job of hitting all the stations!
was one selling a Stax009 and a KS amp?these?
  Some thoughts about the meet.   Scott did a great deal of work on this and deserves all the thanks we can give.   Suprise! Mr.Speakers headphones are extremely ear worthy. Holographic Audios Ear One has an exceptional Crossfeed circuit. Stax 007s and 009s are sisters from a different mother. Instead of wanting one I want them both. I didn't know before hand that Noble was doing impressions at the show.   Not a Suprise No one is photogenic with a bite block,...