or Connect

Posts by zhenya

Yeah, but the Z7 doesn't sound anywhere near as good. Which is precisely why we are seeing people fishing for bidders at these prices.
I primarily drive these from my Pico which sounds fantastic. Not a hint of hiss.
 Yup, this is why the lowly CD3000 has remained a favorite of mine even as much more expensive headphones come and go in my collection.
I don't disagree that people will try to mod anything; what irks me to no end though is that many people who are trying extremely simple changes assume that the designs they are modifying are just haphazard when in fact for most quality equipment, especially from a big name like Sony, every aspect of the response was designed, measured and verified to do exactly what they wanted. Since every design is a compromise you can alter that sound on your own, but especially when...
 I think you woefully underestimate the engineering that went into these. The CD3000 was not some quick project to make a buck. They were extremely expensive headphones at the time they were released and gained greatly from the insane amount of R&D that went into the R1. The shell material and design was chosen for a reason, and certainly engineered in a particular way. If they could have improved the sound by sticking .02 worth of tape to the cups, they would have. The...
Yep, I still have it. PM me if you are interested.
Nobody sells the headband anymore so far as i am aware. I picked up a NOS one several years ago and even that was hard to track down.   Missed the $60 pair. Were they mis-listed? I watch those auctions daily and didn't see them.
Nothing compares to Kind of Blue. :)   You can listen to the entire album on Spotify to see for yourself though!
The Shure SE215 has plenty of bass and is decently accurate for jazz.
Yes, they are good enough. They may well be the same material as the others I've been using that have hardened with several years of use, or they might be and stay softer. Hope so. Anyhow, I now have two decent sets of pads which should last me a good long while.