Posts by andkoppel

My FXZ200 has been shipped to Spain. Here things with custom have been kind of tough for the last couple of years...  so I am warming up my wallet just in case. 
  Much better... JVC is only superior in sub-bass quantity and punch. The DT770 is a more mature sounding headphone with better definition, better treble and mids, and a bigger more tridimensional soundstage.  Both are huge bargains at their price-point. 
I was watching the other night "The Dark Knight Rises" in Blue-Ray with the JVC HAS500…  and then at minute 50:50 I had a subwoofer moment of epic proportions. That Bat-copter has some low end grunt that makes real the statement: "it tickles your ears".  I played back that passage with my DT770 LE and the sub-bass energy was there to tickle my ears again. The Beyers are really all-purpose headphones. 
I was watching the other night "The Dark Knight Rises" in Blue-Ray with the S500…  and then at minute 50:50 I had a subwoofer moment of epic proportions. That Bat-copter has some low end grunt that makes real the statement: "it tickles your ears".    I you have the movie please try it with the FXZ200/100 and enjoy
I just got my confirmation from AmazonJP that my order was sent. Its going to Tenso then Madrid.    First to get it pays the beers
One FXZ-200 ordered from amazon.co.jp (they must be wondering what's happening with all this gai-jin interest over  this headphones)  and coming to Spain. I am tenso ( in spanish: tense, nervous, anxious). 
Thx for the heads-up. Burn-in in progress while enjoying the Beyers.
I'll try to find where, if anywhere, these LPs can be found in Spain. There is a small but active second hand market for LPs here in Madrid. Also, I have several friends that own a quite extensive collection of classical music that includes vinyl (If they are willing, would be a copy in CD-audio acceptable for you?). Currently I am very busy finishing a couple of writing assignments... as soon as the holidays are over I'll begin the search.
IMHO the HM5 sounds boring, off, artificial, muted, and boring (twice)... with the AKG550 (for different reasons) my least favorite headphone.   S500 are far more enjoyable; have one of the best bass that I have heard and, although it's tonality isn't very natural,l I find them extremely fun and perfect as portable headphone to be used in less than perfect listening conditions.   Edit:   Uuupsss, you meant the HM3... heard them once, nice sound, didn’t...
Thx for the effort AS, if you ever show up over here you are invited to "tapas y vinos".