Posts by Porksoda

I'm in. I'll be buying raffle tickets aswell, once I have a better handle on my financial situation.
Quote: Originally Posted by mono In summary, some things aren't worth hacking towards better quality because it would mean there's nothing left of the original. Agreed.
If I recall correctly from tangent's guide, the elpacs are quite noisy. As long as you have enough voltage, I'd say the TREAD is a good idea.
BAD IDEA. I tried this once and I ended up with a smoking, messy pile of melted plastic that ultimately had to be scrapped, wasting all that money. The circuit is just too complex to try and breadboard without some extremely careful planning and layout, even for a fairly advanced builder. Seriously, you will waste weeks, perhaps months, trying to do it on stripboard, and the end result will be messy, fragile, sonically inferior, and not something you can take pride in. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by immtbiker Ybor City will be etched on my mind forever thanks to Matt and Gene. It is the devil's work mixed in with a touch of DaVinci's code Hehe I LOVE YBOR CITY! I went there with a group of oh, say, 50 people and we talked a club owner into keeping the club open an extra couple hours on a sunday night so we could party, and so it was just us, a couple skeezy dudes in silk shirts w/ popped collars, and a...
Quote: Originally Posted by wakeride74 Shoot em with what ya got and if you run out of ammo beat em with it I used to be a real heavy sleeper but once I moved in with my girlfriend (now wife) I turned into a very light sleeper... it was kinda weird. All things considered that is a pretty ballsy criminal, did they say if he was doped up on anything? I don't even know if they caught him...
Quote: Originally Posted by wakeride74 Damn! This is why I keep a gun in the living room and my bedroom! You'd better learn to be a lighter sleeper... scary stuff! Actually I have a target shooting rifle in the closet. Just a Reuger 10/22 but if you put a few rounds into someone they aren't going anywhere too fast.
Check this story from Zug.com out. Read, learn, implement: http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/
Hey All, So I wake up about 10 minutes ago to the sound of the history channel show I was trying to watch from my bed, and someone in my doorway going "Hello??". I get up and discover two police officers in my living room and two more in the hallway of my apartment complex. One of them starts demanding identification, asking for proof I live here, and checks my mailbox against my ID. After they are finally convinced that I really do live here, and my roommate is...
Quote: Originally Posted by michaelconnor If you'd asked me a year ago, I'd have reccomend the Weller systems without hesitation. I've used a Weller EC2002 digital station for years with great results. The variable temperature gives you lots of control and options for different applications. It also heats up in about 20 seconds, which is a huge improvement over the cheap irons. However, my new Metcal Metcal MX-500P-11 system simply blows Weller out...