Posts by Porksoda

WOW. My 497s burned in for about 15 hours last night and HOLY CRAP!! THERE'S the bass I was looking for! I've got about 30-35 hours of burn in now and the sound has gotten soooo much better. Looking foreward to finishing that 100-150 hour burn-in everyone is talking about. PX200's are due to arrive monday wheee eargasm Btw I am burning my phones in on my sound card, amped by my z-680s. I've noticed that the EXTREME low bass isn't really...
There is a piece of foam in the top of the headband where it rests on your noggin. The headband does put some pressure on your head, though it's not unbearable, just a little tight. I've heard you can stretch out the headband to decrease the pressure, though personally I've found the snug fit over the ears improves the sound a lot. My ears are big enough that if I position them exactly right, the cups exactly follow the outline of my ear. When I first got them I...
Quote: Originally posted by wallijonn connect an integrated amp to your sound card. sound card line out to CD or AUX in. you won't be the same. forget about getting a better sound card for awhile. try it. you'll like it. You mean loop the soundcard back on itself?? Doesn't that violate some quantum law of causality or something?? I haven't gotten the PX200s yet. They're due to arrive monday.
somebody posted about ecost offering PX200s for 24.99. I had gotten a few recommendations for them when I was looking for a pair of closed cans, and I had considered getting them, though from what I heard their sound wasn't as good as some of the other cans I was looking at. But, I heard about the sale, and I was getting to be pretty happy with my new 497s as a general purpose set of phones, so I figured why not drop $25 on a decent set of cans I can listen to at the...
LOL my wallet is used to it. If it isn't audio, its a video card, or a new processor, or a bottle of my favorite spirits. Had I not bought $82 in rare vodka over christmas, I could have bought an Audigy 2 ZS (I KNOW rev is better for music but I play a lot of games, you n3rds ) Off to practice and let my new cans burn in on some sweet Lil' John Git low....
My portable audio is officially better than my home audio I just picked up the 497s and have about 20 hours of burn in on them, and the sound just keeps getting better in all the ways I wanted to as they burn in. Alas, I use my PC for home audio and until now I was quite happy with my logitech z-680s and asus nforce2 onboard audio but since my ears have been opened they just don't do it anymore Unfortunately the 497s and the PX200s I got on sale ate up the...
nice avatar
I DO like the 497s, its just their bass doesn't have enough impact for me. I love the sound quality of them; absolutely fantastic, but they just don't quite have the dynamics in the low register I want. Besides that, more and more I am realizing that I NEED closed phones. In other news, my order is "Held for Manager Review". What's this bullsh*t?
Well, I checked and they said they've got 100 left at the $25 price point, 99 as of 2 minutes ago BTW: First time poster, been reading the forums avidly for a couple days now looking for a good set of entry level cans to use off of a PCDP. I was considering getting the PX200s anyway, and at this point, I've at least got a good set of travel/backup cans. Going to audition the Sony V6s tomorrow at Guitar Center :-) I actually picked up the Senn 497s at CompUSA 2...