Posts by Porksoda

Quote: Originally Posted by Thaddy Porksoda, I think the line is drawn when you start charging for your service. If you're a Member of the Trade, it's because you are charging on top of the parts cost. Normal DIY'ers just charge for the parts and shipping cost, which I see no problem with. However, once service charges start getting tacked on, it's time to fork over the $20 for the Mall-Fi ad. At least that's my understanding of the rule. Either...
I think the issue is that the line can get blurry. For instance, say I compulsively build amps (as I am betting a lot of people here do! ) and I decide to sell a bunch I'm not getting any use out of on the FS/FT forum. At what point am I obligated to start paying for a mall-fi thread? 3 amps? 5 amps? 10 amps? Who decides at what point people are turning a profit and not just recovering costs for shipping, tax, etc.? EDIT: I dunno, maybe I am being paranoid. I...
So if I understand you correctly, you are driving a single pair of headphones from a single headphone jack, which makes a heck of a lot more sense. It sounds like the changes you are describing are taking place in the preamp/mixer. As long as the volume is the same, I don't think the output stage (which is where the output power production is) can tell the difference so power handling should be identical either way. As far as which method would be better, I believe...
If you REALLY wanted to go the lazy route, an Elpac could do it, though I will leave it to you to figure out the best one for the job.
I think that link defeats the purpose of what bperboy is trying to do. If you want a schematic, I think this is the site you want: http://headwize.com/projects/showfil...=cmoy1_prj.htm As for tips on perfboard, there are many techniques. If you are using the stuff with the strips of 3 holes (my favorite, and what you probably used in your cmoy), just keep in mind that you can't have more than 3 wires leaving a node, or you need to break it into two nodes using...
Your question is too vague to answer concretely. What do you mean when you say "monitor two inputs simultaneously?" If you mean just having two sets of cans each plugged into its own jack, that should be fine. Running an op-amp at 90% volume as you put it isn't necessarily a problem, its the power it is driving that causes problems. Even then, it depends on the op-amp. I would inclined to say that it would be fine as long as you aren't driving super low impedence...
There is even a section on adding a mains supply in there, in the "Tweaks" section.
What about selling build kits?
I would agree it is useful to occasionally pick up a part from a fellow forum member, but I don't think there would be sufficient activity to justify an entire forum devoted to it. I also think such a forum would attract samples scammers, which could cause serious problems for such a forum. I think a more appropriate course of action would be to formally expand the "tweaks, accessories, etc." to include diy components.
Quote: Originally Posted by taylor They are the proud winners of the Ray Samuels Audio Sandwich of the Year Award. Do they come with ten eggs, ten bacon, and ten sausage?