Posts by K_19

Yup, very curious on how the 700 headband cushion looks integrated into the HD650 headband...
The HD650 is the only headphone that I owned the total of THREE separate times... Which shows you I guess how highly I think of the HD650's sound... But twice I sold them due to comfort issues... I lived with my first one for about a year and a half before selling it off, then not long after bought it again to try different things with the headband, but that one lasted maybe about 4 months before I gave up on it. The third time, I only had it for about two months before...
I found that even after I bend the headbands on the 600/650, it would still hurt my jaw after half an hour or so. One problem with them comfort wise is that I find there isn't enough vertical and horizontol swivel on the Senn cups, so it's quite hard to divert the clamp away from my (what is apparently odd shaped) jawline. I wish I could turn the earcups a little more to the rear, but the horizontal swivel is only about 10-15 degrees with these and that's not enough for my...
 The two don't sound different at all to my ears. I like the look of both, but I found a better deal for K702 and it does have a detachable cable, so I went with it over K701 (which I owned multiple times in the past) this time.
Koss KSC75   Creative Aurvana Live   Sennheiser PX100-II   Sony MDR-7506
 They had me quite intrigued... they were actually a bit cheaper (though only by $20 bucks) and when I demoed them clones at the store they actually sounded surprisingly close enough 7506's (of course, no extended comparisons or anything but just generally)... and their detachable cable option was very, very tempting as well... plus also just the novelty of trying something completely unknown (there are literally no reviews for them out there) ... but yeah, eventually, I...
Got these today for general monitoring use and they're just as advertised... excellent for monitoring, great isolation, awesome build, and decent sound even for music listening.   Almost went for this headphone called Apex HP100 though, which is by the looks of it alone, a complete 7506 clone;      They're even supposed to sound similar, apparently. They do have one trump card in that the cable is detachable and comes with a straight cable alternative along with the...
Hey all,   I never thought I'd need one, but it seems that I could use a coiled cable for my current needs for the AKG K702. I know some of you K702 owners probably have absolutely no need for coiled cables ever, and may even despise it, so if that's the case and you'd be willing to let it go I'd be very grateful. If you can spare it for $20~$25 price range after shipping then that'd be great as the ebay alternative I am looking at is about the same range. But I'd rather...
 Basically, I think they've outsourced the production of pretty much all their headphones abroad. They've even moved the K712 production to Slovakia, apparently. I think the K812's are still made in Austria though. It might be the only remaining model Made in Austria... I've spent time with Made in China version of Q701 recently and they're pretty much still the same quality as before. Actually if anything they've made improvements during this oursourcing transition,...
Hey all,   A weird chain of events happened where I ended up with TWO sets of Objective 2/ODAC combination units, and I have to sell one of them off, so here it is, The Ephiphany Acoustics O2/ODAC desktop combo for sale. This is their ultimate combo with the combination RCA line in/out at the back. IMO, they are the nicest looking O2/ODAC desktop setup out of all the vendors. This type of O2/ODAC set up usually goes for around $270~300 before taxes/shipping from all the...