Posts by Headzone

Where did you read that the paper would be some sort of resonance absorber? And why and how does humidity affect it? what are the other factors?
 Equally much. They all are open headphones, and depending on your listening volume will radiate the same amount of sound outwards as they do into your ears.
So what do you want, IEM's, on ear, over ear, what?   Beyerdynamic DTX 501p would be one possible choice for on-ear closed, light, looks and sounds good. 
I can only recommend the AKG K550, while they may need amp for serious listening, for me they sounded loud enough from my 1st gen iPod.    And they sound very good.
I asked my engineer uncle what he thinks about balanced headphone cables, and he looked at me a bit weird. He didn't know such things existed, and couldn't see why they would be any better than regular headphone cables.    Balanced preamp is completely different story though.
No one mentioned AKG K550, I loved it with progressive house. Nice extended bass and an overall smooth sound. 
Try to listen Pendulum - Granite for example with DT990.    With my DT770 I remember it being nearly unlistenable, the treble was covering everything else in the sound, but eq helps
What kind of material is the capsule? Acetone is pretty good for removing glue residues.. But if the surface is painted it might remove the paint also^ so be careful   Just enjoying some Submotion Orchestra (sort of jazz influenced dubstep) on my DT48. This band is very well recorded and it shows. The DT48 sound fantastic.
So how do they sound like?