or Connect

Posts by Headzone

recently as I've been listening to some metal music I've added 4 to 10dB of bass boost at 50-125hz range on my Fostex T20RP. (analog bass boost sounds clean and not muddy at all.) This turns them from a sterile, boring sounding can to a really heavy rocking beast.
wtf is this thread  Different headphones for different subgenres REALLY?
Who would even suspect this would be an ad??    Interesting headphones nonetheless. I really think dsp can improve the sound of a headphone.. the same dsp used in one of their bookshelf speakers was quite succesful. 
In nearfield you rarely exceed 1 watt power anyway. 15 watts is way over 90dB.
I've also read the 250ohm is more balanced. The fiio has a bass boost too if they sound too light in bass.   I used to always get enough volume out of 80ohm DT770's out of mobile sources even, but they sound better with an amp..
snake oil
+1, you can get a very good 90's B&W bookshelf pair for around 100-150$ and they will last forever. Vintage amps cost next to nothing, or you can just get a cheap TA2020 based amp with them first and upgrade later..
you must have monkey hearing :D Considering human hearing is -30dB down at 10hz
why would someone push 20hz sine wave at headphones? especially the DT48 which dont play that much below 60hz anyway
no, but they look cool and super swag.