Posts by Headzone

KRK Rokit 8. Those go pretty low though. But have you ever actually measured the frequency response in your room? Without KRK's Ergo they probably have some 10-20dB peaks here and there. Far from hi-fidelity.   I've tried using a pair of 8" hifi speakers for my computer before.
I hate single subs, but in a different way.  Two subs and more, ideally you should have 4 to have the best frequency response in a room. Single sub can't just give you a flat response in a typical room without some serious eqing, and even then multiple subs are better. But that was a different subject altogether. I'd say that a good 2.1 or 2.2 is often much better than 2.0 systems in typical conditions. In a good 2.1 setup you can't hear the sub, it just blends in to the...
Looks like 1st gen M-audio BX5's to me. More interested in the Tannoy sub, never seen them make any good subs.
they can't reproduce below 80hz bass with any authority. 
Need better sound to get into the real effect.
This is pretty nicely put. Rather than being all OCD about your hobby, just enjoy the **** off your gear.
Cables are like drugs.   You can enjoy them but don't tell me I should buy them.
The stuff you say here I (and we) can second. Also the build quality is the most professional feeling you will ever see in a headphone. They are like a tool meant to be used. Talking about aluminium diaphragms, is there a reason why most studio monitors use aluminium diaphragms in their tweeters?  
If you want to try the "velour" feeling of sound, and you have leather pads try using your DT100 without pads at all! It hurts your ears and sounds crazy but you get the idea of the sound    Then play something like Rodrigo Y Gabriela. I recommend a good amp, I used a vintage amp which powered my 400ohm DT100's perfectly. 
I had very old torn apart velour pads on them first, they didnt seal correctly. With them midrange and especially acoustic guitars were among the best I've heard. No bass at all, though. Now I have new leather pads. Midrange sounds a bit more "muddy" and lower midrange is somewhat colored. But there is now some bass and they work better with general music and listening. The version DT100 I have is, I think over 30 years old. So the new ones might sound improved.