or Connect

Posts by pspivak

Hi,   To those who may have mentioned comfort issues with the XC's due to tightness of the headband I have changed to the long yoke rods and it certainly worked for me.  I'm a big boy and the weight does not bother me, but the change is notable and, while not loose like the Stax SR-404, it is not "clamp-like" at all to me.  $30.00 well spent and highly recommended.     Right now I am using Galaxy S6 edge & Tidal -->Forsa USB --> ifi Micro DSD --> Stock single ended -->...
I use a Samsung Galaxy S5 edge with Tidal. I am hearing what sounds like static or tics/pops that I do not hear with other services. It happens with both the iFi MicroDSD and the Centrance HiFi M8. OTG is a short Forsa cable. Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions short of dumping Tidal? This happens on both WiFi and cellular connections. Thanks, PETER
Good evening,   My b'day is tomorrow (23rd) so for my 59th I bought a set of LCD-XC.  My family complains too much when I wear the Stax (leakage) and while the IEM's are great, full size cans give a much better presentation in my opinion.  I let them burn in for 48 hours and decided to listen today, after all it was just a day early.  Before I over-saturated and made my ears ring, I loved what I heard.  (In case anyone is wondering "30 Days in the Hole" by Humble Pie was...
Sorry for chiming in so late. I own both the X5 and the HiFi M8. X5 has two output types: analog and coaxial spdif. I am not sure but I think that the Centrance HiFi M8 specifies an optical TOSLINK and may not have a coaxial option. Contact Centance to be sure. IMHO the HiFi M8 makes my IEM's sound better than just the X5 by itself on some material. I would love to hear the X5 with the Centrance but my option was for USB and Apple. I will tell you that my ifi Micro...
For all us folks whose hearing is not really balanced, wouldn't it be just groovy to have a balance control on the next version of the HiFi M-8?  Just a few dB of left to right trim (maybe 3 dB each way?) in the digital domain to account for my poor ears, equipment issues, and bad recording engineers.  An analog control at the amplification stage would be OK too.       PETER
11 lbs 37 lbs 67 lbs
That's not a bag, it's a straight jacket! I wouldn't want to give my wife any ideas about my next purchase for my "hobby". I wonder if that "bag" would lead to constricted sound?
I have 3 sets of customs as well. I have some Stax SR-003 with ear molds from Starkey, reshelled TF-10's by iNEarz, and Heir 8a's. I use the SR-003 at home, usually while reading and winding down from the day. I use the TF-10's with a BlueAnt ribbon and a Galaxy S4 for "out and about" listening. I use the Heir's for just about everything else (listening at work while doing paperwork , doing testing in the lab, on the airplane or in airports etc.). I like all 3. I was...
i am pretty sure the M8 only accepts DIGITAL signals and does the D/A prior to amplification. There is no analog input that I am aware of
 I use HiFi M8 with a Galaxy S4 with both USB Recorder Pro and Player. My Galaxy usually requires a restart with the HiFi M8 connected and in the ON position. If I do that I have no issue with recognition and it works/sounds really great. I got a Forza Audio Works cable (I recommend the Forza).Eventually someone will come up with the "Rosetta Stone" program that will allow the Android device to connect to the HiFi M8 and play from any source, digital out, even streaming...