Posts by pspivak

For all us folks whose hearing is not really balanced, wouldn't it be just groovy to have a balance control on the next version of the HiFi M-8?  Just a few dB of left to right trim (maybe 3 dB each way?) in the digital domain to account for my poor ears, equipment issues, and bad recording engineers.  An analog control at the amplification stage would be OK too.       PETER
11 lbs 37 lbs 67 lbs
That's not a bag, it's a straight jacket! I wouldn't want to give my wife any ideas about my next purchase for my "hobby". I wonder if that "bag" would lead to constricted sound?
I have 3 sets of customs as well. I have some Stax SR-003 with ear molds from Starkey, reshelled TF-10's by iNEarz, and Heir 8a's. I use the SR-003 at home, usually while reading and winding down from the day. I use the TF-10's with a BlueAnt ribbon and a Galaxy S4 for "out and about" listening. I use the Heir's for just about everything else (listening at work while doing paperwork , doing testing in the lab, on the airplane or in airports etc.). I like all 3. I was...
i am pretty sure the M8 only accepts DIGITAL signals and does the D/A prior to amplification. There is no analog input that I am aware of
 I use HiFi M8 with a Galaxy S4 with both USB Recorder Pro and Player. My Galaxy usually requires a restart with the HiFi M8 connected and in the ON position. If I do that I have no issue with recognition and it works/sounds really great. I got a Forza Audio Works cable (I recommend the Forza).Eventually someone will come up with the "Rosetta Stone" program that will allow the Android device to connect to the HiFi M8 and play from any source, digital out, even streaming...
Not one mention of the HiFi M8 appearing on TAS's editors choice in the most recent issue?  (Maybe I'm hallucinating but I could have sworn it was there.)  I guess we have moved beyond the "boutique high end" and are now migrating toward "the leading edge".
I am kind of surprised that there is hardly a mention of the BlueAnt Ribbon on the HF website. I wasn't sure where to post this. It's not a headphone, an amp or a source component. It's a bluetooth streamer; a connector and mic so you can use any headphone or IEM with a Bluetooth enabled audio device, like an iPhone or Galaxy S4. I use it with my reshelled TF-10's, a Heir Magnus cable and the S4. You simply "pair" the ribbon to the device and connect your headphones...
In my opinion, this is a not an easy question to answer; for some it is a tough question because you would think the answer is so obvious. I have been fooling around in audio for awhile and I think that listening to high performance audio equipment requires training and appreciation on the part of the listener. I think of the cartoon of the couple sitting on the couch watching the new television. He is thinking, "Wow, 1080p hi def HDMI, 600 Hz, plasma" and his wife is...
Thanks to JupiterKnight for the link to the review. (Best-sounding...ever tested) I got to hear a set of Senn HD-800 and HD-700 with the HiFi M8 with FLAC files and USB Recorder Pro. While I can't have these because of the sound leakage (my family would NEVER put up with that), it was the best I have ever heard Sennheiser sound. I may have to take another look at the HiFi Man 6 and the Audeze LCD-2. I know they leak too :-(