or Connect

Posts by pspivak

Something that I have noted as I have listened to the my system more is that the microphones employed in the recording have a certain characteristic when it comes to vocal recording of a solo performer, especially in regard to the "size".  As an example Louis Armstrong on the Ella and Louis recordings sounds as if he is quite close and the space his voice occupies is a large part of the field.  Compared to the Greatful Dead live recording I was listening to last night,...
I have had a few IEM, some custom, some off the shelf. The Etymotc ER4 and ER6 are good units and are superb at isolation. When the filters get clogged be sure to pop in new ones. When the filters are right they are in my opinion Bose 901 like. Just real good - it's my opinion. Triple fi, off the shelf are to my ears a step up the ladder in terms of sound quality. The problem is they are just too uncomfortable to wear for more than a few moments. Triple fi, ...
I got my XC's in June and I continue to like them, even amazed by them. They have broken in nicely and I can relate to system break-in time; be patient. There's is a rich full sound that awaits. Some of that might be the associated equipment, everything counts. As far as comfort, the longer yoke rods helped the comfort level, I do not see a need for replacing the headband but time will tell. It didn't change the weight but it did alter the geometry, less clamping and...
That is the coolest thing I have ever heard from a manufacturer.  Bravo!
Hi again,1. Yes, I do use the crosstalk control, the balance control and the meter calibration switch. The crosstalk control is interesting and does work as advertised. I read some reviews and copied one reviewers setting suggestions. Now I just leave it in that position. I do not think I am missing much in terms of soundstage width with the circuit switched in, I like it. Also, I do forget that I am listening to headphones sometimes. Some have knocked the soundstage...
 Hi (theyang), I went from Heir 8a's (IEM's) and the Stax SR-404 (when I could listen to them) to the LCD-XC.  I listened to the LCD-X at a dealer during the auditioning process and the LCD-3, and a brief visit with the Sennheiser 800.  I was so impressed by the sound of the LCD-XC and the fact that it has a closed back that the idea of spending $1800.00 was not a consideration; not a question of if I could afford them, but when.   A good amp (SPL Phonitor 2), DAC (Lynx...
 I too welcome you to the XC thread and head fi.  (Sorry about your wallet.)  After years of not being able to listen when I wanted to because of my library of open back phones, I got the XC's to quell of the complaints from my family about how loud my headphones were.  Since I have had the XC's there have been no complaints, only comments about the goofy look on my face.  I bought a new amp and DAC, and wired them up in balanced configuration.  So far I am very pleased...
Quote: The only problem for TF 10 is...too big to fit the ear... That's why I had mine reshelled by inearz.  TF-10 is a really good, fun, efficient headphone.  Paired with a blue ant ribbon and a short cable from Ted, it is a pretty good wireless rig with the phone. 
FWIW: LCD-XC (marriage saver! Why? Closed back.) Stax SR 404 signature Stax Lambda Pro Stax SR-003 Heir 8a (from when the Wizard was there) Triple-if, reshell by In-Earz
Since we are on the subject of cables I would just like to share that I got a set of balanced cables to run from the amp to the LCD-XC just last week.  At first I was so disappointed because the sound was not at all what I was expecting.  After some playing time and conditioning the sound improved.  I do not know if they are "there" yet but the sound is certainly different (improved) than when first connected.  Is the Ag-litz better than the stock Audeze cable?  I am...