Posts by walkingman

If you are using CBR, then the file size will be the same regardless of whatever codec you use, as long as the bitrate is consistent (in this discussion, 320kbps). Anyway as Duncan already noted, VBR is far more efficient due to it not wasting bits in low-complex passages.
I've used Live Maps UK for the past year or so due to the very detailed bird eye view. Infinitely more useful than Street View, IMO. Other than that I use Google or Yahoo! for searches.
Hi! Read the FAQ in my sig, and try the solution posted there.
Brilliant show by Sony. FF XIV is definitely something I am looking forward to, even if it a MMO (I love XII's offline MMO gameplay style). Mod Nation Racers looks good as well, but the real winner to me at least is God of War III and Team ICO's The Last Guardian. Bleeding brilliant. The new motion controller doesn't have the wow factor of MS's Project Natal. Still it has 1:1 accuracy.
Here's a pdf manual. Page 14 has details on how to replace the battery. ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/manuals/...9002121_EN.PDF I see plenty of replacement batteries on eBay. The cost around £10 each. As for the Sony Ericsson batteries, that would be the BST-33.
Quote: Originally Posted by Duncan Soozieq... Walkingman... I am inclined to agree with one of soozie's older posts where someone from the Sonyinsider forums was saying that the X1000 'burns in', I swear the overall sound has become even more 'analogue', with the tone being even more textured than it was out of the box... Are the two of you finding the same, or is it just me? It does seem so, but I put that down to my ears getting used...
Quote: Originally Posted by PeeeMeS Debating on getting one Will prob wait until someone manages to get Linux on it I'm a huge Sony fan(in terms of cutting edge hardware) but the software always ends up irking me in some way Well, most of Sony devices (and all large screen-based Wakman since the A808-series) runs on a Linux kernel derivative anyway. Source code for the X-series is available here: Sony Global - Linux Source Code...
On your PC: Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager Find the Walkman on the device manager then choose 'Update driver'. Select 'no, not this time', then install from a list (advanced). Choose 'Don't search', then you will be presented with a list where you can choose between MTP and USB Mass Storage device. MTP is a Microsoft-led media protocol for connecting portable devices to PCs. UMS/MSC mode will treat your device like a normal storage drive. The...
Quote: Originally Posted by antonyfirst I think actually OLED are more battery life consuming, they just look good. I could be wrong, but I think the DAP is so thick because it needs a bigger battery to show decent battery life, not because of its audio circuitry. OLED, in theory, uses less power because the pixels emits light when there is power thus negating the need for power hungry backlit components. In normal LCDs, energy is also wasted...
Quote: Originally Posted by antonyfirst After all, why are OLED on this device? Would one have to pay Sony just to see high definition album art? :s Unfortanately that is where the market is heading. If Sony didn't have OLED or WiFi in this, would newspapers like The Guardian, The Times etc. made a passing note about it? Hardly. The X-series isn't a service to the audiophile community - it is to get people talking about the Walkman brand again...