Posts by XDT

Hi there, I used this, it works fine. I think it is for car use, but I am obviously using it at home. I'm not an expert with electronics, but it would work but be expensive if you have to buy a LLC for every speaker... Does your receiver have RCA outputs? I would just buy a RCA - 3.5mm adapter, it might be cheaper. Granted if the speakers only have 3.5mm inputs, you are probably wary of the output power from the receiver, perhaps if you could find out the output power to...
 Yes please! And any comparisons to other IEMs you have would be good too.
I know these are relatively new, but looking for a Westone W20. Shipped to New Zealand.   Thanks!
 Yes the filters are attached to the core which I didn't know before buying them. To be honest IMO, the 100s de-cored are so small and soft that they basically do not affect the sound because the nozzle of the earphone almost reaches the end of the tip. I don't have any olives as they are too large and hard to be comfortable. Sony hybrids also fit on the 900s and definitely help out with the bass especially the larger (blue?) sizes.
If anyone has very small ear canals, what I did was de-core a set of small Comply TX100s. This is pretty much the closest thing you can get to having no tip at all. But it fits nicely now.
Thanks guys, I just used a line out converter and it worked a treat!
Hi guys, I have a little tube amplifier that has wire outputs for speakers.     I want to be able to connect headphones instead of the speakers. I'm not quite sure how to go about this, but I was thinking strip down the ends of four rca cables and connect it in a configuration like this;     I have no idea at all. Do the cables have a ground wire that I need to connect somewhere? I undestand that the ground is inside the amp thats why the speakers don't...
Another small eared person! I usually go by the size of Comply's they fit (T-100 is the smallest, 200s are uncomfortable for me). Also if the IEM takes Sony hybrid tips - you can buy a pack with different sizes which include a super small (SS) size.   So look around, Deadlovestory already suggested Klipsch's which take the T-100s! Etymotic's have small tips as well. Brainwavz B2s are small too. Jays also make a very small earphone IIRC just for small eared people,...
The Shure headset cable is also softer and lighter, if you need the control and microphone.
    They look like the Shure type connectors which are pretty good...