or Connect

Posts by Vero Golf Champ

Nice one bro. I haven't used mine much lately, but they have pride of place, ready for watching tv. Comfort is out of this world. I've had some comfy cans in my time, ATH PRO700MK2 not included, but the little Sennys take the biscuit. My Denon AH-D600 are magically comfortable for big cans, but the GF has hidden them on account of unpaid rent. At the end of the day the PX95 is a little slow and thick, with limited soundstage height or depth, but as I said to a mate of...
Maybe my PSBs were old stock manufactured before they fixed the issue with the plastic. I only paid NZD200 and recouped most of that when I sold them. Great cans, just not if you're a basshead. I didn't edit the line about the wireless Sony MDR XB950BT. I mostly used them for walking the dog and other portable duties. Always had the bass boost on and for quite some time I thought they were fantastic. It was only after I got a decent home rig that I started to hear the...
Sold my M4U1 a couple of months ago as ultimately they were just too bass shy for my taste. Not easy finding cans which reconcile my basshead tendencies and audiophile desires for the money I want to spend. Unlike some I'm not a collector. I just want a handful of 'phones to meet my various listening needs. Other than the soft bass and clunky plastic design I thought the PSBs were very good for what I paid (NZD200 / USD140). Good comfort and isolation and a great...
Very pleased with the Onkyo HA-200 I picked up for NZD200 (USD138) a few days ago for portable duties. I can confirm it has a slighty warm tilt with potent bass and a smooth treble. Bassheads rejoice! Outclassed by my cleaner and more neutral Pro-Ject desktop rig, but it puts up a damn good fight and it's a points decision rather than a knockout. Tames the treble on my Denon AH-D600 too. Build quality is superb and the rubber ridges are a nice touch. Great how the cable...
Picked up the Onkyo for a song (NZD200 / USD135) a few days ago to meet my portable needs. Was using the aptX bluetooth Sony MDR XB950BT, but the bass got a bit much for me in the end. Once I'd set up a decent home rig (Pro-Ject DAC Box S USB & Head Box S) I realised the Sony's bass was more quantity than quality, even with the boost button off. Otherwise it was actually pretty good. Anyway I've had a couple of sessions with the HA-200 and I think it's a fantastic little...
The design of the lighter than it looks D600 has grown on me, however I will admit first impressions were poor. For home use only comfort and sound matter. Probably ok for walking the dog, albeit a touch thinner and underdone straight from my Xperia Z Ultra. Boosting the bass helped but nothing can help you disguise their massive size if you're self conscious. The Sony XB900 was big, but the headband hugged the head rather rhan sticking way out like the Denon. Mind the gap...
Design, much like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. Denon had a tough act to follow after they split with Fostex, and many would say they came up short in some respects, commercial success being one. As designs go, I love the look of the smaller MM400 with the wood incorporated tastefully.Nevertheless I'm enjoying the the D600. Hopefully the treble will lose some of the etched edginess it gets on some tracks. If so it will be golden.Good to have a different option...
Seems I'm not a fathead after all as I do not need to extend them at all. Just barely made the grade 😀. The headband sits further back on my head than any other pair I've owned and I've had a few. This is actually a bonus as I was getting an obvious indentation in my hair, even though it's a # 2 cut. Tried them back to front, with cables exchanged and they were fine, I **** you not. Bass quality is good, without the power of the smaller SMS. Pretty sure the treble is a...
I took a punt on these for NZD350 (around USD239) and they arrived this afternoon. First impressions from Pro-Ject DAC Box S and Head Box S streaming Spotify Premium are as follows: - Huge and designed for huge noggins, fortunately my head is just large enough. Any smaller and the earcups would sit too low I reckon. - Very comfortable due to plenty of room inside the cushion like pads and gentle clamping force. - Bass is very good. Tight with good impact and control....