Posts by tyrion

This is an excellent condition M3 with zebra wood panels built by Naaman.  It is in excellent condition with bass knob.  The price is plus shipping. PP accepted, no fees.
Looking for a Woo Audio 6 SE.
I have a 9/10 condition Rega Mira 3 integrated amp for sale. It has a built in mm phono stage. I am the original owner. I have the box, papers and remote. I can't upload pics from my iPad. Send me your email address and I will send some pics. $750.00 plus shipping.
I have a 9/10 condition Rega Mira 3 integrated amplifier for sale.  I have the box and paperwork.  It has a built in mm phono stage. I am e original owner with light use.  No issues. Can't upload pics from my iPad. Send me your email address and I will send pics.
Maybe you should start.
The fact that it was posted in March 2011 wasn't good enough.
Nice job Peter!  It's nice to hear from the old timers from a time when HF was a daily stop for me.  Congrats on the amp Fang!  
I think it may just be static electricity.     Jp, thanks.  You were the one that got me interested in the HE-500 in the first place.  I also agree that this is not just a good can because of the present price.  It would be just as good at the older price as well.  I listened to some hi rez music from HD Tracks, again using the Oppo (yes there is a theme here) and it was just outstanding.  Dynamics and instrument separation were excellent.
Guys thanks for the kind words.  It felt good to write this not only because it's a product I like sold by a good guy but it's one I think others will enjoy if they give it a chance. One of the things that turned me off from this scene is that it always seemed that people take sides.  You are either on the LCD-2 side or the HE-500, Sennheiser v. Grado.  Nothing wrong with liking one over the other but this doesn't require you to hate the other while liking the other....
  I haven’t done a review in quite a while.  The truth is that I pretty much dropped out of the headphone scene for the last couple of years.  My preference has been speakers and with my kids away at college, the need for headphones has diminished to the point that I don’t need to worry about making noise at night.  I still have friends that I met during my years on Head-Fi who are still into cans so I have been close to up to date with the new stuff coming out like...