Posts by Zombie_X

I've been using my HD700 on my SPL Phonitor Mini with great results. The sound is clear with great bass control and definition. Soundstage is pretty nice as well. On the Darkvoice 336SE, they sound really muddy and congested. I would assume this is due to the output impedance of the amp and it not pLAying well with the low impedance of the HD700.   EDIT: I do prefer the HD700 on the Violectric V200. It's the perfect pairing IMO. The added warmth and smoothness of the amp...
 Of course they aren't in the same league, but they are somewhat similar in tone. The X2 is brighter and a bit thinner in the mid, but has more bass. The X2 is more V-shaped, but it's one of the only headphones I've heard that is similar to the Amiron Home in tone. The Amiron Home stomps on the X2 several times over. There's absolutely no contest when it's comes to the abilities of each headphone. The X2 is good for a $200 headphone (yes, they are overpriced at $300), but...
Wow, I've been off Head-Fi for a while and come back to see my thread is still alive and kicking. I still have my T1 but don't use them as often anymore. I've been using the Amiron Home and HD800 a ton. I do really want to try the second gen T1 though.
 I find the Amiron Home to have a similar sound signature to the original release of the HD650, but fixes all the issues I had with it. I hate the launch version of the HD650 because it was muddy and lacked detail. The bass felt slapped on and too thick. The added warmth was originally off putting as it smeared detail.  The Amiron is similar in tone to the original HD650, but with a lot more detail, bass control, well everything is improved. The main thing for me is that...
What I've been loving about the Amiron's is how they can make badly mastered (way to bright) recordings sound great, and also not butcher anything that already sounded good. They don't ever make anything sound muffled or out of focus, but add a layer of smoothness and warmth to the recording. I am also enjoying the elevated bass over the original T90. The sound signature really does remind me of the HD650, but way better. The X2 is similar too and that's great.
 I remember seeing Amazon selling the Amiron's and DT1990's under $500 a bit back, and it was Amazon, not a third party. Amazon sold the DT880 600Ohm for like $160 ate one point if I remember, which is also way below what they normally go for. Anyways, these Amiron's are so damn nice to listen to. They remind me of the DT990 in a ton of ways, just way better. I guess that could eb since they are basically a upgraded T90.
 A rep from Nuforce contacted me after I complained in the comment section on Massdrop and a few member chimed in to my comment saying Massdrop wouldn't help them either, not would Nuforce. All they asked was what the issue was and I replied back with a detailed message about what was going on. I haven't yet heard back.  I'd like to see something come of this. No customer of Massdrop should go through any of this hassle. It's BS to offer a product and say it has warranty,...
 Yes I have. They've only just responded to me. I am beyond pi**ed now since I never expected them to even get back to me.
 That's like with Grado, I only by from one particular retailer since I get 20% off new Grado headphones. I refuse to spend $300 on SR-325e's since I've had everything from the old goldies to the ie's.
 What hi-fi product doesn't ride on hype? Look at the nighthawk, IMO they are just terrible. But it seems many like them.