Posts by jchandler3

Yep, they exist (like this or this). Just search "2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter," and you should be able to find something. 
Those look incredible! I'm very excited. Good to hear all is good and he's just busy. Thanks for letting me know!
Has anyone heard anything from Peterek in a while?   This isn't me talking bad about him at all; I know he's a very nice guy and does great work. I also know his wife gave birth recently and he posted a message that he's trying to catch up, but I purchased my mod 6 weeks ago, sent him my headphones 4 weeks ago, and literally haven't heard from him once. Just starting to worry a bit.    Thanks... 
Sounds like you value (mild) convenience more than sound quality. May as well save the money and stick with the Modi...
Hey guys, another braiding question:   I'd like to try my hand at a 4-strand litz braid. I'm wondering if it's possible to create the Y-split by just stopping the litz pattern and start twisting the pairs. Does that look weird? Become loose? Fall apart? I can't picture what it might do.   Thanks!
It's a great DAC, especially as a $100 add on. Worth every penny.  I think that, if you misinterpreted the "general" feel of the thread, it's just a testament to how good Schiit stuff really is, and what a value it is. The Jot at $400 is jaw-dropping. It's DAC at $100 is impressive (just not as impressive as the Jot). The Mimby is a different beast all together, a separate piece, and significantly more expensive (2.5x). So, yeah, it's better than the Jot's DAC, but that...
I do mean the stock cable, it has 4 wires (2 jackets, 2 lacquered wires in each). Pretty easy conversion. PM me with questions if you want, so we don't hijack the thread.
DS.Again, I don't have personal experience with it, but every impression I've read is that MB with the Mimby is more noticeable and more of an improvement than the balanced DAC with the Jot.
Unfortunately I can't say... no experience with the Mimby. I have the Gungnir and I prefer that over the integrated DAC (sent to me by mistake). I hear the Mimby is better though...
I agree with @Tuneslover. I own the Jot and M2U (and HD650) and there's a pretty noticeable difference. Definitely worth the extra money.  Easiest way to go balanced is to reterminate the cheap, stock cable with 4-XLR and it was definitely worth my time. I love the balanced setup. Not just extra volume.