Posts by divideby0

What type of music do you enjoy?  If you like a balanced sound signature, I would highly recommend the MEElectronics A151.  They're currently around $50 at Amazon   http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-A151-BK-Balanced-Armature-Headphones/dp/B004OBZ2XQ   and use a balanced armature design.  I've been very pleased with them and found the pair to be very comfortable.  The sound is relaxed and pleasing for extended periods of time.  I've found them to have a high...
Yep, just modded mine with a set of RX900 leather pads.  Did a (detachable) re-cable with canare star quad mini & a techflex sleave.  I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.  Nice set of cans for the price and *very* comfy.  I highly recommend the leather pads, though for the price of a set from JVC, you might as well just start with the RX900 - they can be had for around $50 or so.
Great, Thanks Dsnuts!  Might have to grab a set then.  Just finished modding my RX700s, but they're really bulky for commuting.
Do the HA-S600s fold flat like the HA-S700s?  Looking for a portable set of circumaural 'earmuffs' for winter commuting with my laptop bag.
Quote: Originally Posted by LFF I think the Sansa Clip + is the smallest. Buy the 8GB version and add a 32GB card and you have a 40GB player the size of a matchbox. I am seriously considering ordering one but I have heard the battery only lasts 4 hours when you play FLAC. Can someone confirm this? I use my Clip+ all the time (running exclusively FLAC) and haven't noticed poor battery life, i still have ~20% left after about 6hrs of...
I haven't heard the CX300, so I won't comment on them, but I haven't been very impressed with my Marshmallows (FX34s). The FX66 (Air Cushions) can be had for less than $30 and are far superior to their lower-end sibling, as many others have stated; well worth a few extra bucks for a more rounded and cleaner sound.
The biggest improvement you'll see from an amp is by using a LOD to bypass the internal headphone amp for a cleaner signal. I have practically the same setup (6G ipod, Q40s) and just recently picked up an ibasso D2+ for that very reason (and the DAC for home use). The Q40s are very easy to drive for most portable players and the 6G ipod is no exception, the Sansa Clip also drives them fine. So I'd suggest that it's only worth your trouble if: 1.) The source files are...
Quote: Originally Posted by Gatto unfortunately us dorky ladies seem to be a rare breed, I'm sure there are at least a few in Australia though! Sadly true, I had to convert my last serious girlfriend to gadgetdom. Got her hooked with a Visor PDA & Tetris Now she carries a Palm Lifedrive, uses a DSLR and her computer was nicer than mine for a while. She even upgrades her own machine now
Quote: Originally Posted by Gatto Personally I bet I could get a lot more cute nerdy guys (my favorite) with my k701s and a Tshirt that says 'schrodinger's cat is definitely dead by now' then they can with cute jeans. My dad started teaching me how to play first person shooters on the PC when I was 3 years old. I've also always had a computer in my house (we have 11 now) and my dad has always had fun keeping up on the latest shiny thing to buy. this...
Quote: Originally Posted by checkoutchamp I did some searching and couldn't find threads to match these criteria please help 1 I'd like to buy a pair of closed headphones that can handle and put out an extreme amount of bass, that reaches very low. which is the first thing I want. When i mean handle, i mean put out a lot of bass with no driver distortion. 2 Secondly I like them to be somewhat warm of the Sennheiser like the sound of the 595's....