or Connect

Posts by Nazo

Yes. I know all that. Drivers shouldn't change the sound that much though. Someone screwed up. It may be a fault in something in the UNi driver setup though, but it's hard to say. The thing is, these cards were originally billed as being supposedly much higher quality and etc meant to compete with the big names like Creative. Honestly it has become really disappointing the way ASUS kind of screwed up so much on them and doesn't seem to care to fix it. Kind of...
I said it in the first post (you know, the one that was supposedly too thorough.) This is why I tried to provide as much relevant info as possible so that hopefully questions like those would be answered already.As far as ASIO was concerned, I did at some time have ASIO4ALL, but ended up removing it since, as you say, it's a "bad band aid." It seems the drivers must have provided a real ASIO driver along the way though. (Though I'm not sure which set of drivers did it...
Yes, I'm not satisfied with the results in Windows. It's too hard to explain (frankly I'm not audiophile enough to be able to well define it and the person above clearly didn't get this, so no matter if I'm sick or not I can't give you an exact perfect description of it) but basically the output in Windows is just plain more dull all around. My suspicion here is that something is changing it and not for the better (eg definitely not bit-perfect.) I was hoping to look...
I guess my question here is if there is even any point in changing anything with PulseAudio. Doesn't a player like DeaDBeeF using its ALSA output go straight to ALSA? If not, would disabling (partially or not) PulseAudio really change anything?
How strange. It seems like people were saying ALSA was definitely not bit-perfect, though it's supposed to at least not be very bad. I'll admit I was trying to make OSS work more on the principle of the thing than anything else. Anyway, I can say one thing: if you're using ALSA, it locks the device so nothing else can use it. Therefore you don't have to disable PulseAudio since it just can't access the device and outputs silence when other things try to use it. When...
Nevermind. I'll figure it out on my own.
You say all that and then you did just skim what I said. I specifically stated why I will not leave out information that could turn out to be relevant and important. For instance, I pointed out why I can't really test very well and explain very well right now.I didn't mention it because it is not relevant. It's the same output hardware on multiple software setups on the same system and multiple external systems. The one non-variable the entire time was the DAC/amp. I...
No. I realize people generally have short attention spans, but I'm not leaving out information that might well prove important. I learned the hard way in the past that by doing so I ended up often spending weeks or months trying to solve a problem where providing sufficient information often resulted in someone recognizing the problem right away.USB. But my point here is just that even on a completely different machine entirely I'm getting far better results and to...
So this is kind of hard to explain. I'm not really audiophile enough to really be able to get into the exact specifics of it. It's really hard to explain, but it's like it has less detail in the sound or something of the sort. A while back I found I wasn't really enjoying my music as much as I used to but couldn't really say why. At first I sort of assumed it was my rigged up cheap setup and upgraded everything (I'd been meaning to do it anyway, so that much is ok.) ...
So I'm using a DC-DC converter to allow me to use a lithium-ion battery (specifically a Panasonic NCR18650, so in theory I can get at least a good 2600mAh or so out of it before the voltage drops below the usable range -- probably around 2800mAh really) with my CMoy. If it produces any noise I'm unable to hear it (I'm fairly certain it's outside of the range of the filtering that even a CMoy does really.) Anyway, this means I can tune the voltage to whatever I want...