Posts by Nazo

Ok: I'm actually asking in reference to wakibaki's earlier question as to the switching frequency of the converter.
Ok, so I've apparently managed to fry my current amp through a bit of carelessness (ironically when trying to connect a backup battery while charging those lithium-ion batteries -- the lithium ion batteries actually worked great, but just didn't last as long as I'd really like.) So now I'm pretty much going to have to go to an amp that only takes one power supply anyway (due to lack of many options since the Banzai V2 isn't even available anymore and funds, I'm getting a...
Unfortunately, it's only going to work in that respect if people care enough to actually make it matter. Given how most are, probably not (but then the potential as far as dock capabilities go in this respect is hard to ignore... Potentially there could be universal dock audio among other things...)
Given that it's not a device specific problem, asking in device specific locations seems a bad idea. Anyway, mostly at this point I'm just asking if I need to ground the ID pin mostly, though I'm not clear how I'd actually do that short of building my own OTG cable (which I can't realistically do right now.) And the Nexus 7 is the 2013 one, so no 4.2 version optional.
So I'm guessing no one has any clue why this thing isn't working on my SGS3 or Nexus 7 in CyanogenMod? BTW, I'm on 10.2 on both now as I've discovered that USB dock audio support is finally put back into 10.2 (I never understood why it was gone for so long really. I had assumed it was because Google did seem to want to go to USB DAC support, but clearly that wasn't standardized or ready yet for 4.3's release, so now I'm just confused about that.) Do I have to ground the...
Equalizer is software, not hardware. Just disable it.
So at least theoretically it is possible. I wonder if it's just the particular USB DAC I'm using. The VT1620A should be pretty well supported and standard, but you know how it is with these things... But if I can't use this thing, I need another cheap USB DAC with a SPDIF output to make this work. A lot cheaper than the E17... Has anyone happened across such a thing?
So I have a question that might have already been answered, but which I couldn't find: does CyanogenMod not support USB audio? When I first got my Samsung Galaxy S3, I tried a little super-cheap USB DAC I had, a Syba SD-AUD20101 which actually worked with the stock ROM way back then (and which I believe I posted in this very thread way back then.) Basically just an uber-cheap design built around the Via VT1602A chipset (which, for all of its simplicity, is pretty neat...
Ok, so this is my second DC-DC converter and as far as I can tell I've fried it too. That's two in a row. Upon searching around to see if somehow or other I've been using them wrong (I have no clue how that could ever be possible, but it was the only explanation I could think of) I found a video on Youtube covering one of these with almost the exact same setup. Same PCB layout and same basic components, just differences in which regulator, size of transistor, and etc...
Thanks. Between the budget issues and the fact that I'm just not a great electrician, I think I'm going to try just using the simple 2x resistors and 2x capacitors as with other CMoys according to that article. That did indeed look all too familiar and I should be able to pull that off easily enough. Just one question I guess. How should I connect this setup to the inputs of the Banzai V2? I'm guessing that polarity would matter, so I'd rather hook it up right the...