Posts by Il Mostro

I strongly prefer the new cable to the OEM in terms of SQ.   EDIT:  Just to be clear, It is not just across the board silver vs copper, but also construction/geometry and component matching.  When I originally made reference to the difference in IC qualities in my main system, the cable construction was very similar, so in that case the material itself was the main variable.  HiFiMan's minimalist cable construction is quite different from my new HE-500 Cardas copper...
  Interesting... mine and others had a minuscule amount of clear plastic and the other 90% was raw wire.  Yours was the second run and all wiring fully jacketed with the clear plastic?   The other anomaly with the 400's was my ability to turn the sound on and off on one side by just squeezing the plastic "bowl".   Crazy QC.  
Just wanted to be sure you got the driver completely out to tighten things up. Yes, it is simple -- makes me wonder how it can be so eff'd up in the first place.  And don't you just love the bare wires and "special needs" rehab soldering?  
The new cable came in today.  It is worth the money just for the build, comfort and peace of mind -- very comparable to what Jacob at Soloz Audio (also highly recommended) did with my RS-1's and RS-2's.  Same Cardas copper litz, same/similar outer sheath.  The Furutech connecter is first rate and even the smc connectors are an upgrade over the originals -- they actually work.  Charleston Cable did a great job.   I am not going to get into a pissing contest with the...
The new cable came in today.  It is worth the money just for the build, comfort and peace of mind -- very comparable to what Jacob at Soloz Audio (also highly recommended) did with my RS-1's and RS-2's.  Same Cardas copper litz, same/similar outer sheath.  The Furutech connecter is first rate and even the smc connectors are an upgrade over the originals -- they actually work.  Charleston Cable did a great job.   I am not going to get into a pissing contest with the...
Not only is the 007t a good match, the lower output 006t with very good NOS tubes (read $$$) does a remarkably good job with the 009.
  Just noticed this pic.  Did you disassemble and open up per the instructions in the original thread, or just try to do it from the "outside"?
Thank you -- I will play by Violectric's rules    If I spring for the V200 the last thing I want to do is cause damage due to my own stupidity. I have been spoiled by my tube amp that lets me adjust various pentode/triode configurations and negative feedback while listening to music.  
  Good to know --- just in case.  Some tube amps allow switching from triode to pentode operation on the fly (great for curious tweakers) which is what prompted my questions in the first place.  If I do wind up getting a V200, I will err on the side of being cautious nonetheless.
Seems like such a sweet amp!