Posts by philodox

Looks like you all had a great meet.  Hopefully I can make [or possibly host] the next one.  Nice pictures as well. :)
Though it is kind of cool, 1 dinky little tube will never do the same job that 2, 4, or 13 tubes will do in a desktop amp with a proper power supply.  Battery life and size should be the primary considerations with a portable amp, unless it is your only system.
I'm just going to paste my reply to another, very similar, topic.   I really like my Roland R-05 so far, though it is a little more pricey that the equivalent units from Zoom. I used it to take a live recording of a gig my girlfriend had recently using the built in binaural microphones and the quality really surprised me. Recording at 24bit / 96khz is nice as well, and with the price of SD cards currently, who cares if 30min takes up a MB. :)   It isn't bad as a...
I really like my Roland R-05 so far, though it is a little more pricey that the equivalent units from Zoom.  I used it to take a live recording of a gig my girlfriend had recently using the built in binaural microphones and the quality really surprised me.  Recording at 24bit / 96khz is nice as well, and with the price of SD cards currently, who cares if 30min takes up a MB. :)   EDIT:  It isn't bad as a DAP as well, though it is very bare bones.  Sometimes this is...
Mikhail from SinglePower also had a portable tube amp that he used to bring to audio shows, but I don't think they ever went in to production.
Very cool build.  I especially like the volume 'knob', though I think I would have pointed it up and put it on top.  :)
Massive Attack - Five Man Army
Sold.
Quote: Originally Posted by swbf2cheater I just wanted to say, your cat vs my cat = epic fight hah! That's hilarious. Been a while since I've seen another good cat/headphone pic.
Now including Headphile Blackgold 2x3XLR to 1/4" stereo adapter for $675 shipped or without the adapter for $650 shipped. [Canada or US, more elsewhere]