Posts by Shaka

I understand and feel the same, but I spent a few days last week browsing these forums and elsewhere online, and .... wow ..... the discussions seem to get way overheated way too quickly, so that there's nothing of value to gain from it, other than high blood pressure. And that's just from reading and not even getting involved.So I understand the reluctance to get too deep into cable discussion in this thread. Which is a shame as I would also be interested to know what...
 I'll wait and see what, if any, cable comes with the Vega and initially use that.Later I'll try to borrow or loan a few branded cables from some dealers and if I hear a difference I'll buy one that is affordable for me. Like with anything else I believe cables can affect the sound quality, whether for better or for worse. So I'll test a few out for myself. Thanks Shaka
Ok here's an update: so after all the soul searching, indecisions and hair pulling, I have finally made the decision (quite unexpectedly) and made a start on my final system.   I have purchased the AURALiC Vega ..... It gets delivered next week! The AURALiC Taurus mkII and the Vega were on my list from time to time but I kept taking off them due to the high price. I really wanted this combo as the reviews have been nothing but stellar, but the cost kept forcing me to...
Long time stalker of this thread and online reviews of Taurus/Vega. I bought Audeze LCD-3 several months ago and since then (on and off) have been trying to decide what amp/dac to get. Went through several options and still couldn't decide.   Last week my luck changed and I got an unexpected cash injection from out of nowhere. And a few days later, jjust by chance, I saw a ex-dem (2 week old) Vega model advertised on a dealer's website, with £500 off the retail price....
Hi,    I may be interested, but am in the UK. Hope that wouldn't be a problem.   I have a few of the usual questions others may all ask: how old is it?  how long have you owned it? did you buy it new? what kind of condition is it in? i.e. any marks/dents/scratches etc? what's the warranty like and is it transferrable? why are you selling it?
nice post verber thanks for your impressions
 Did you use a SPDIF converter or was the source not a computer?If converter, then can I please ask which one? thanks
Congratulations. I'm very happy for you and I'm sure you'll be even more happier with the Vega.
 I think I agree with that. To me analogue implies  natural, smooth, fluid, slightly warmish sound.
 I wish I was in your situation right now. Unfortunately I have to wait a lot longer. I also have the LCD-3 and the Auralic Vega (and Taurus mkII) is at top of my DAC list.I have spent considerable amount of time reading every review and (almost) every user comment on the Vega that I can find. I have heard nothing but remarkable things about it. I'm definitely very impressed with what I have read. However, the Ayre Acoustic QB-9 DSD is also considered to be excellent...