or Connect

Posts by AtomikPi

I'll be trying to make it out, but no promises. If it works out, I'll bring a lighter setup than last time - Modi 2 >> Mini-X >> HE-6 (modded). That way I can fit it in one suitcase instead of two.  Just grab a gumby. It's more than good enough and can be had for not much over $1000 b-stock. (Yggy's nice too, though. It's one of the few DACs I've heard where the imaging is, as they say, "holographic." I've never compared the two side-by-side, so I'll steer away from...
 Interesting choice of amp. I have a 4100w but was planning on hooking mine up to an Emotiva X-100. What do you think of the 4000 with them? Edit: I evidently do not understand English, since you just said you don't have your HE-6's yet.
 The thing to keep in mind is that the attack and decay are exponential with electrostats. So you get really rapid and sharp attacks of transients, plus quick, impactful bass. The downside is that you don't get much sustain. So, for instance, with sustained synthesized sub bass, you won't get a good sense of weight. And in general, it's a double-edged sword, giving you both a "weightless," "effortless" quality but also a certain sense of "ethereal," "light," or even...
 You'll notice that Schiit never posts about the sound signature of their gear. That's something that I really respect. They're just putting quality products out there and letting them sell themselves. 
First of all, it was nice to meet you all, Head-Fi and Massdrop folks alike. It seems my KGSSHV developed a channel imbalance (we isolated it to the HV by testing other phones and swapping the DAC’s channels), but it’s hopefully just a dislodged wire somewhere in the case. It seems clear that it was fine or close to it first thing in the morning and pretty much mono by the time I tore down my setup around 4 PM. If you listened through JRiver, you heard a bit of EQ; if...
Up for sale are my LCD-2.1. They work perfectly, and I've barely used them since replacing the earpads and cable a year ago. I'm also including a case (shown in the pictures) and free shipping in the continental US. (You deal with Paypal fees.) If you're in the Bay Area of California, I'd be happy to offer local pickup and a slight discount. Please don't bother lowballing - I'm not in a rush to sell these.   Trade for:     +cash    HE-6    SR-007 (.1 or .2)    ...
In numerical terms, which frequencies are you talking about? I notice many recordings are EQ'ed to have little content below 30-40 hz, certainly under 20 hz. (Of course, many recordings aren't mic'ed in a way that allows much even below 80hz.) It's saddening, though, because 20-40hz is a really important range and one which most of my transducers are capable of reproducing. I've also heard that content below 20 hz serves to due little other than stress your drivers. When I...
Seconding both of these. I haven't heard the 007s in forever and would love to compare them to the 009s.I've also heard the he-6s can respond really well to modding.Also, I'm bringing my 650s by request. I think they sound great, even though they're not on the same technical tier as the 800s or 009s.
I'd love to do a comparison between your modded 800s and a stock pair with Sonarworks EQ applied, if you'd be interested. (I believe there will be quite a few stock 800s present.)
Still interested. Yggy > KGSSHV > SR009 as mentioned.