Posts by shaun_g

Another one to throw in the mix is the Final Audio Design Pandora IV.   The Pandora IV is a closed back design that is easy to drive and is just a little bit more expensive than the B&W P7.  I would say the Pandora IV is a worthy alternative to the B&W P7.
The HiFi Headphones team is pleased to announce that the new Portable Headphone Amplifier from FiiO, the E12 Mont Blanc is now available to be purchased on our website.   The FiiO E12 Mont Blanc is FiiO’s latest addition to their range of Portable Headphone Amplifiers. The E12 is the newer big brother of the superb E11, boasting a new look which is extremely durable with it’s all-over aluminium casing and seamless design. With improvments to the inner circuitry,...
The HiFi Headphones team is pleased to announce that the new In-Ear Isolating Earphone from Audiofly, the AF56 is now available to be purchased on our website.   Audiofly’s AF56 earphones celebrate style and amazing talent. Boasting with incredible bass presence perfectly balanced with top end chime and style that will make you feel as authentic as the artist you’re listening to. With custom voiced 13mm dynamic drivers the AF56 delivers superb detail across the...
Summary Verdict - Good for pop, great with hip hop and dance music. Pro’s - Big contemporary warm sound from these lightweight but sturdy on ear headphones. Perfect for commuting or travelling. Cons - On ear headphones just do not work for some ears - they can become painful after long periods but there is an obvious advantage to this smaller style over full size headphones. Not for most Classical music fans unless you like more bass than...
Summary Verdict - For contemporary music fans who want to replace iPod ear buds with better fitting, fun and contemporary in-ears at a wallet friendly price. Pro’s - Warm and bass rich with some definition, fans of Hip Hop, Dance and contemporary Rock and Metal will enjoy the full and immediate sound. Cons - Fans of Folk or Classical music or detail fanatics will need to up the budget and maybe take a look at the SoundMAGIC PL50 or to jump up to another...
The first thing the new FiiO headphone amplifier ‘Mont Blanc’ AKA E12 does is impress just with its styling and shape. It is as oblong as it is solid, as it is black, as it is er.. rectangular. The size and shape is perfectly suited to lie against an iPod for instance, to form a nice regular pocketable rig. For me however, the temptation to grab a disused femur and bash the head of a hapless colleague is great indeed. It’s just so black. And oblongtangular.   I...
Summary Verdict - The Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 is a warm, pleasant sounding home listening set that carries plenty of detail but never steps in the fatiguing territory. Its lightweight design allows the listener to wear them for longer periods. Pro’s - Fantastic stereo imaging with a great sense of space. Very comfortable headphones, a great partner to that favourite comfy chair. Excellent value for money. Cons - Very gentle loose fit and combined with their...
The HiFi Headphones team is pleased to announce that the new Portable Headphone Amplifier & USB DAC from FiiO, the E07K Andes is now available to be purchased on our website. Based on the highly successful FiiO E7, the E07K Andes features many improvements. The FiiO E07K portable headphone amplifier with USB audio decoder (DAC) is designed for dual-functionality. It both replaces PC on-board sound cards as the primary audio decoder, which can lead to an increase...
Getting more and more annoyed with the sound from your earbuds? At HiFi Headphones we talk to plenty of people with this issue so we thought we’d give a hand for those who don’t get to talk to us on the phone. The products below represent excellent value for money, they all punch well above their weight in terms of sound quality and last but not least, they are nice to your wallet as they all cost under £50. SoundMAGIC E10 Introduction - The E10 is from the...
Now we’re all different of course, and so it follows that different sound signatures appeal also. I have noticed that high-end headphones tend to present more mid-range and high frequencies than I would like at the moment. I say ‘at the moment’ as my tastes have changed before and may well change again; both in a musical sense and a sound signature sense. As it goes, these headphones suit me very well. I had the opportunity to try the HiFiMAN HE-400 against its...