Posts by KLJTech

I read and listened to all 5 books of the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series and they are hard to put down...I listened to a couple of the books twice just to make sure I didn't miss anything. Loved them...good audiobooks can be addictive. I'm on the 3rd book of "The Strain Trilogy" right now, bringing this back to "audio/IEM talk" I love using the Klipsch X10's with my audiobooks since the oval silicone tips are so comfortable over long periods of use.  
I believe I read (maybe on AnadTech.com) that the Nexus 5 puts about 1V and if that's true that is the reason you're not getting more output from the Magni. I'm not positive about that spec so you should check into it and see what its putting out/ feeding the Magni. As already has already been mentioned, most headphone amps are looking for 2 volts at their input...give them less voltage in and they'll output less.   Also, the AKG 701's require a bit of juice to sound...
 No doubt, there are a ton of great sounding IEM's currently on the market and one would be well served to listen to as many as possible before making a final decision. Have you tried the X5 with the E12 Mont Blanc into the W40's? The X5 is a great player without a doubt, but the W40's "to my ears" sound better with some of my stand alone amps (and a very good DAC) or the X3 with its Line Out feeding the E12 then to the Westones. I think they scale pretty well and can...
I think that the parts cost and man hours needed to bring this product to market dictated the price since Schiit Audio doesn't strike me as a company to simply jack up the price because they can. In my opinion they're aiming a bit higher than the NAD M51 (a very nice DAC) as this is their statement DAC and if you check the prices on most other companies top of the line / statement DAC I think you'll find this isn't at all overpriced. Opinions will vary, but I've heard the...
I've been using my W40's a lot the past few months and its nice having sweet sounding pair of IEM's for when you don't feel like wearing full-size or portable headphones. To my ears the Westone W40's sound clean and pretty much neutral as long as you feed them from a high quality source with lossless music files. I've read that armature drivers don't require break/burn in (I don't know) yet I still played music through mine for about 24 hours (without listening to...
I have two because I have a couple systems set up at home (office and den) and another at work. I love the sound of the Zdac and I like that it has the built in headphone amp though I prefer to use it with a stand alone amp. It sounds great with the Schiit Audio Asgard 2 or Lyr depending on which headphones/IEM's I'm using. Currently, I have a couple too many DAC's on hand and I plan on selling one of the Zdac's that was used at the office.
I've yet to buy a Schiit Audio component that didn't out preform what's expected at that price point. The Asgard 2 is a very well designed, clean sounding, wonderful headphone amp (works great as a preamp too) and I have a feeling that the Ragnarok is going to be something special. 
I love the look of Schiit gear, it looks clean, classy and unlike other companies components.  
 Exactly! I started my quest for better sounding audio components in the late 80's and back then if a company used terms like "Class A" you could be certain that said component ran very warm to hot. Since then I've learned to never trust a so-called "Class A" amp that runs cool to the touch. Bring on the heat from that true "Class A" design Schiit amp...just turn down the AC.  Of course, an amp doesn't have to be "Cass A" to sound great but it doesn't hurt. 
We certainly are the minority, but I hope that with the help of great companies like Schiit Audio that more people will climb aboard and join us in the pursuit of better sounding music. There's an entire generation of young people out there that have been raised on low fidelity 128kbps (or lower) MP3's! These same people would be bummed out if they had to watch their favorite movies on an old 4:3 format CRT TV with 480i resolution (or less)...so why settle for lower...