or Connect

Posts by KLJTech

You really have to love and respect the way these guys do business!   For several years now whenever a new issue of Stereophile or TAS arrives in my mailbox I'll flip through the pages and I'm almost always left with the feeling that "audiophile gear" is being priced out of reach of most people. It's a shame, we need/want young people to join us in the realization that they can get more enjoyment out of their music collection, but it's a tough sell when you see some of...
 At night I burnt my NightHawks in using my DAP rather than running my home setup. Just a thought, it'll get the job done quicker.
 I bought mine from the biggest online store/site there is and I do believe they give you 30 days on returns (worth checking into). You could order them, let them run non-stop for a couple weeks (not saying that long is required) and then give them a serious listen and if you're not pleased simply send them back. When I bought mine I made sure to not open any of the extra stuff like the 30 days of free TIDAL so if they were sent back that everything would be perfect. I...
I was unimpressed with mine right out of the box (other than being incredibly comfortable) but I let them play for almost 2 weeks and they really opened up. Now, I can't use my HE-400 or 500's for more than a few songs before I reach over for the NightHawks. Of course, no one headphone is going to be the be-all-end-all for everyone as we all have different likes and dislikes but make certain that you've let the NightHawks burn-in (I know many don't believe in this but I...
 The P7's sound great with the X5 Gen 2 (I use that combo several times a week, set to High Gain), I wouldn't worry about blowing the P7's with that DAP as I use them with the Asgard 2 in my office setup a lot and the Schiit amp is more powerful than the DAP. The important thing is to not listen beyond comfortable levels as its easy to damage your hearing, but your P7 will be fine.Enjoy! 
 That's great to hear, I was thinking about getting one of the new Dragonfly DAC's for my oldest son to use at work. It's good to know that it a nice sounding DAC and pairs well with the NightHawks. Thanks! 
I've never had a headphone that changed/improved nearly as much as the NightHawk did during a very long burn-in/break-in period. I listened to mine right out of the box and was unimpressed except for how comfortable they were. I took the advice of letting them play nonstop for nearly 2 weeks (without listening to them) and they really opened up and the bass got tighter. The other night I put on "Eric Clapton's Unplugged" which I hadn't played in over a year and was stunned...
I could be mistaken but I thought I read here somewhere that the primary cable (thicker cable covered with the weave) for the NH's is a balanced cable and that you can get an adapter to go on it for a balanced connection from an AudioQuest dealer. If that's the case, you'd probably be better off with that than one from the auction site. It's probably worth looking into. Good luck!  
 I would think so, mine sound great in my office system (Gungnir & Asgard 2) or Den system (Gungnir multi-bit & Bryston BHA-1). I'll admit that I was a bit underwhelmed with the NightHawks right out of the box, but after being told by someone to play pink noise through them for a couple weeks (which I did...without listening to them during that time) I gave them another try and have been extremely happy with them ever since.   I'm not sure how long they truly need to break...
I use the Asgard 2 as a preamp in my office system (with a Parasound Halo A21) so the preamp outs are variable and plugging in headphones mutes the preamp outs.