Posts by KLJTech

Sorry, just saw your post and didn't have time to go back and see if you're looking for a case that holds the P7's while folded. I bought this one for my HE-400 and He-500's and later decided to grab yet another for my P7's so that I could leave them open and adjusted to fit me without having to readjust them every time I take them out of the case.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009NE7B06/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1   Its a tiny bit bigger than needed...
I gotcha, that makes sense.   I used S/PDIF coax out from my PC a couple DAC's ago but never with the Gungnir. Using USB with the Gungnir after listening to music via J.River MC I have to close and reopen the browser to get any sound from YouTube or any other site or other player of any kind. I do see the clicking mentioned fairly often and it does make me wonder if a lot of people prefer to use a playlist from multiple CD's rather than play one album at a time. Maybe...
I had read about the clicking before buying my Gungnir USB and I do hear it now and then but it makes me wonder if my listening habits differ that much from other's here. I almost always listen to one album at a time so there's no clicking until I go to another album and that album/CD/file folder was recorded at a different bit-rate and/or sample-rate.   Do most of you simply make several playlists from multiple CD's/folders and that way you hear the clicking more often...
I think you'll find that the Gungnir absolutely preforms beyond its price point. I'm using one in my office system with Windows 7 x64 and it ended up beating out my Bryston BDA-1 and Benchmark DAC1 USB. Good digital gear has become VERY good so I don't hear the night and day differences between better DAC's like I would just around 4-5 years ago. Yet over the period of a couple weeks, while relaxed and simply enjoying my music (not trying to listen to the gear for...
 Sweet looking leather case! I have to agree that the E12 allows you to use the X3 with more headphones and allows for more usable time from the X3's battery. It makes for a very nice combination. You obviously don't have to buy an amp to go along with your X3, on its own the X3 drives my Westone W40's very well and does a fine job with my new favorite semi-portable can's, the B&W P7's. Buying an amp is always something you can do later on if at all...if the X3 on its own...
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss! I hope that you have friends and family around and that you're able to take the time you need.  Take care.
 My mistake, "open to use indoors, full headphone that covers all the ear. to listen classic, jazz, chill out etc...  300 /400 dollars max" ...I mistook "open to use" indoors as meaning he simply intended to use them indoors. I should have taken more time to read what he was asking.  I didn't buy the P7's for the X3, I bought them to use in my office system with either the Gungnir and Asgard 2 (or Lyr) or Benchmark DAC1 USB and they've never sounded bloated nor veiled in...
The X3 sounds great with the B&W P7.
 I'd bet that the Valhalla 2 would make for a sweet sounding single source preamp too. I tried my LD MKIII for a while as a preamp to my Parasound A21 and it sounded incredible but it wasn't long until the A21 started shutting itself off for a second or two at a time (protection circuit) as its a direct coupled amp and the MKIII "may" have had some leaky capacitors. Possibly the issue was related to something else but once I went back to either my Creek passive or my...
 That's what I said when my son mentioned having his CD's. He not only sings, he plays piano, guitar, drums, harmonica and saxophone.