Posts by KLJTech

I use Gungnir's USB input in my office system and the BNC input in my Den.    As I said, you can't go wrong with either DAC.  I also said: Have I compared it to the Bifrost? No, and I have no doubt that the Biforst if a wonderful DAC.   Everything sounds the same anyway. Yada Yada Yada...   Contact Mr. Mike Moffat, I'm sure he'll tell you that they're both exactly the same DAC except for the XLR output and no human ears could ever hear the difference between the two. 
I seriously doubt that you can go wrong with either DAC yet the Gungnir is a hardware balanced design with two AKM DAC's rather than one and is a more advanced design. Will that matter to you in your system? Only you can say for sure.    According to Schiit Audio's website: So this is two Bifrost DAC/Analog stages in a box? No. The analog stage is considerably more advanced in Gungnir, with better open-loop bandwidth, true differential summing, and DC-coupled output, as...
 I have a feeling that the Ragnarok will be a step up for you given Schiit Audio's track record and the amount of time they've put into it. If there's one thing I've learned over all these years in this music lover/audio gear hobby is that we always find a way to convince ourselves that we need to upgrade.  Another thing I've learned is once you've got your system the way you truly want it, the best thing you can do is try to forget about the audio components and get back...
 I'm pretty sure that you have to have double the output wattage of the amp for just 3db more output (SPL) from your speakers (if I'm remembering that correctly). So, I doubt you'll notice the difference in "loudness capability" that you'd get from using your amp or going to the Ragnarok. Sound quality may be a whole other subject. In my office I'm using a Parasound A23 (125 watts into 8 ohms/ 225 into 4 ohms) for my B&W 805's but I'd be willing to bet that most of my...
 I don't think the guys at Schiit are too keen on the idea of putting a DAC in the same case as an amp. Not only because of possible noise issues (I know its been done well by others) but also the fact that your now sitting there with a DAC that "could" become obsolete as where the amp should be great for a decade or more (a lot more). Though Schiit does offer upgradeable DAC's so who knows? Maybe some day. From my own experience, I have a couple well regarded DAC/HP amp...
 One of the reviewers at Stereophile drove the KEF LS50's with the NAD D 3020 (and loved the results) so you should have no problem at all driving them with the Ragnarok. 
 The Maggies are too tall to me the MMG's (great speakers!) look like my 1.7's but its a little hard to truly know the scale by the rack alone. I've always used relatively powerful amps to drive my Maggies, the Parasound A21 in my den or A23 in my office yet I hear that Magnepan uses a rather modest (power rated) NAD feeding a pair in their front lobby.  Just curious how the Ragnarok does with whichever model those are. Looks like a lot of very high-end design without the...
Well, the Ragnarok looks stellar! Does it do a nice job driving the Maggies? Are those the 1.7's.  Great Job.
Oh man, it looks sweet! 
Well, I've been using the Wyrd almost 4 days now and thus far it has eliminated the odd burping-like noises I was getting a couple times a day. I haven't had time to simply sit back, relax and listen to music (only have in playing while I work) so I can't speak to any changes in sound quality (already sounds stellar to me). I'm not into the sit down and critically listen for changes thing. I know my setup well enough that if anything sounds better or worse I'll be aware of...