or Connect

Posts by KLJTech

The Shunyata Research Venom3? If so, I've never used one but I've only read great things about it. Enjoy your music! 
The above cable is a good one, also Audio Art and DH Labs make some very nice and reasonably priced power cables as well. Good luck! 
Some people would even keep it to themselves that they were inconvenienced (God forbid) rather than posting here that they sent "a pleasant but firm email" to the company. 
How is the tracking on those volume pots at low levels set on Low Gain? I assume it tracks great as Schiit always seems to use very good pots, but I haven't seen it mentioned. I apologize if it's been talked about and I simply didn't see it. I've worked a ton of hours the past few weeks and though I have looked I haven't had time to read the entire thread.    I would be using the Jotunheim in my office system (replacing an Asgard 2) and I often use IEM's (Westone W40's)...
 Thanks for the feedback! I'm not that big into upgrading my gear at this point as I went crazy (beyond crazy) doing that in the 90's, but I do love me some new, interesting amp topologies and it would allow me to run the entire setup balanced. Maybe my oldest son would enjoy a great sounding Class A headphone amp. 
I need another headphone amp like I need another hole in my head. That said, in my office system I use the Gungnir feeding the Asgard 2 (LOVE this amp) which is also used as a preamp to my Parasound Halo A23. It just dawned on me that the Jotunheim would allow me to use the balanced outputs from the Gungnir and go balanced out to the A23's XLR inputs. The whole setup would be running balanced rather than single-ended. Would most of you see that as reason enough to grab...
 Thank you for taking the time to respond. For what it's worth, to me and I'm sure to many others, it's far more impressive to make GREAT sounding components available at affordable prices than to make a statement product for which you weren't worried about what the final price would be.  I've said it before on this forum, but it worries me when my Stereophile or TAS arrives and most of the products being reviewed aren't affordable to me or most of my friends. My...
 Sorry, I haven't seen nor heard one in person yet...I would have picked up on the lack of heat though as I'm used to and love the warm and toasty case of my Asgard 2. Sounds like I'm going to need to get me a Jotunheim, but the Asgard 2 isn't going anywhere, I love that amp!  Mr. Stoddard, this may be an odd question but are their certain amp designers that you admire/follow their work? I'm always interested when I see that Nelson Pass or John Curl has a new amp coming...
 The Bifrost Multibit is upgradable, the Modi Multibit isn't, the Bifrost has the better/onboard power supply and if I'm not mistaken has a better analog section. Schiit Audio did an incredible job by bringing a true Multibit DAC to the masses at an unheard of price of $249 yet that doesn't diminish the overall sound quality and value of the Bifrost MB. If I owned a Bifrost Multibit I'd simply continue to enjoy my music and know that I can now recommend an even less...
I apologize if this has already been answered or mentioned elsewhere but is the Jotunheim a Class A/B or Class A amp? I'm working too many hours this week and have tried looking it up a couple times with no luck. Are they simply keeping some information close to the vest since the Pivot Point design is new to the industry? (which I could completely understand)     I love the fact that Schiit Audio isn't married to one type of circuit design when it comes to their amps....