Posts by KLJTech

I've seen and heard the newer FST midrange drivers and the speakers as a whole sound great. If I recall correctly, the thought behind the FST driver is that the midrange isn't required to move as much as a bass/full range driver. I believe they're looking to have better control over the midrange by not having a surround...I could be wrong as its been a while since I checked them out.   I must admit that I'm a fan of B&W speakers (Magnepan's too...B&W's in my office and...
 I really enjoy these headphones, I find that I reach for them more often than my more expensive planar headphones. Not because they sound better, but they're lighter, more comfortable and still sound wonderful to my ears. I enjoy them more than any other closed headphone I've heard in their price range. I think the key to their sound is the use of an in-house built speaker with a surround rather than the typical mylar type driver that many headphones use that has to flex...
The P7's scale very well with better gear in my opinion...they sound great with the Schiit Audio Gungnir and Asgard 2 that I use with them in my office.
 Here ya go: http://www.bwgroupusa.com/bwgroup-parts/index.php/bw/headphones/p7.html I too use the cable that came with it for portable use, but then I ordered their 5 meter cable to use in my office. Good luck. 
 That would be a very interesting topic to discuss with someone like Nelson Pass or John Curl on another popular forum. I imagine that they'd would just love to enlighten on the subject. 
 Well, its not like the Biforst is outdated by any means and since it's upgradable I'm not so sure what is so funny about what StanD said. Now, if one wants to spend a lot more they certainly can...I have few DAC's that cost more than the Bifrost, but I doubt the Bifrost would be put to shame by any of them. 
I leave all my gear on all the time unless a heavy storm with lightning (live in Florida) is moving in the area. I'm pretty sure that unplugging the Wyrd disconnects the computer from the DAC but honestly I've never tried it. Shoot an email to Schiit Audio and they'll let you know ASAP. They have outstanding customer service.    In my office, I use two Furman PST-8D's, one for my audio gear and the other for computer, cable modem and printer with both Furman's plugged...
 Tha E12 is sweet as it not only improves upon the power/control of most DAP's but also allows you to use most full sized can's (drives the HE-500's just fine) with your portable player. 
 I read and listened to all 5 books of the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series and they are hard to put down...I listened to a couple of the books twice just to make sure I didn't miss anything. Loved them...good audiobooks can be addictive. I'm on the 3rd book of "The Strain Trilogy" right now, bringing this back to "audio/IEM talk" I love using the Klipsch X10's with my audiobooks since the oval silicone tips are so comfortable over long periods of use.  
I believe I read (maybe on AnadTech.com) that the Nexus 5 puts about 1V and if that's true that is the reason you're not getting more output from the Magni. I'm not positive about that spec so you should check into it and see what its putting out/ feeding the Magni. As already has already been mentioned, most headphone amps are looking for 2 volts at their input...give them less voltage in and they'll output less.   Also, the AKG 701's require a bit of juice to sound...