Posts by KLJTech

The Sierra 2's look sweet, I came very close to getting a pair of those. Let us know how they sound with the Ragnarok once you've had them for a while. Enjoy!
No, I've never heard the DX90 but I will put that on my short list of DAP's to check out. I haven't been a huge fan of Sabre DAC's in home D/A converters, but we are talking about portable gear. Until this past year I only had a Sansa Clip Zip+ for a portable player but then I primarily used it for audiobooks along with a set of Klipsch X10's. Moving up to the X3, E12 and Westone W40's made a pretty nice improvement...now I find myself caring more about having a nicer...
 Have you ever had the chance to compare your X5 with the X3? I'm thinking that needs to be my next move, I hadn't put much thought into my portable gear until this past year or so and grabbed the X3 to replace the Sansa Clip Zip. That made for a very nice step up in sound quality along with adding the Westone W40's. I bought the P7's to use in my office and now I use them more than my HE-500's. I'm not claiming that they're better, just that they sound very good to me and...
I use CD's and 16 or 24 bit FLAC files with a Schiit Audio Gungnir Gen 2 USB and the Asgard 2 home and office. On the go I use 16 or 24 bit FLAC files with the Fiio X3 and the E12 Mont Blanc. I listen to speakers more than headphones, but this site has certainly helped me become addicted to the joy of headphone listening. My wife is overjoyed that I've found yet another passion/hobbie to spend money on.  
There was the original USB input board if you bought it with USB input and then the Gen 2 USB upgrade.
For the first time in a LONG time I've settled in with one DAC, the Gungnir Gen2 USB which I think punches well above its price point. Then again, A LOT of Schiit Audio components manage this wonderful trick.   I wish I had held onto my Monarchy Audio 22B (dual 20Bit Burr-Brown PCM63P-K DAC's) that I bought new at some point in the 90's so I could compare it to the Gungnir. Of course back then we weren't using computers as a source, I was using a two-piece top loading CD...
What source/DAC are you guys using with your P7's? 
Funny you mention that combination has I was listening to the P7's and Asgard 2 last night and ended staying up way too late while just sitting back and enjoying the music. I'm so damn tired today.  Enjoy your music!...just don't stay up too late.
I haven't heard the W30's, but I use the W40's just about every day and I've been extremely pleased with them. They scale pretty well and sound better with my office or home gear than my portable setup though they do sound very nice with the portable gear (X3 and E12 ). I've only used them with 16 and 24 bit material so I can't say if they sound lacking if used with lower quality MP3's. I've never regretted buying them and will often use them in place of my...
The Gungnir was impressive enough in my system that it replaced my Bryston BDA-1 which is a good bit more expensive than the Gungnir. This isn't to say that you wouldn't be very pleased with the Bifrost Uber as I've only heard and read great things about it. Good luck with whatever you decide.    By the way, I was told that "the Gungnir murders Bifrost" as well but not the "in/on every system" part. I did ask for an opinion and was given one...so nothing wrong with that...