or Connect

Posts by KLJTech

I bought black for the OG X5 and really liked how it looked so I'll probably go with black again. I honestly don't think you can go wrong with either one. I was wondering how they were going to deal with the buttons on the new X5 II, the raised bars on the X5 simply allowed the soft leather case to mold around them. I like how they've marked the spot where the buttons on the X5 II are with the markings of the controls. Once I felt the nice leather Dignis case on the X5 I...
  Thanks for the heads up!I've been checking Amazon for them every couple of days...gotta love the feel of the Dignis case. I have one on the X5 and I love the way in a couple of days it just molded itself to the player. Now I just gotta get one for the X5 II.  Thanks again.
 I have the E12 and enjoy it when I'm using it with harder to drive can's like the HE-500's, but if I'm using IEM's, I much prefer the E12A blacker background and more spacious sound. I get too much hiss with the E12 and my W40's.  I agree with you regarding the X5 II sound, thus far I've not even tried it with the E12A, as I think they really did a nice job improving the amp section of the DAP. Making the switch to those BUF634's in the X5 II's amp section was a nice move...
Amazon has lowered the price of the original X5 from $349 to $272 since it has been replaced by a newer model. I paid $349 from my X5 when it was their top player and $349 for the X5 II once it came out. I never paid any attention to the retail price, only the price they were charging at the time. Sorry.
The bass is there when it should be, but it will take a while to adjust if you're coming from the X3 which was a very warm sounding though enjoyable DAP. Have fun and enjoy your music.
 Why did you have to go and start adding up the price of the portable gear? I'd been thinking that $350 was a reasonable price for DAP and that the Westone W40's (not counting the B&W P7's...for portable use) weren't too expensive considering how much they're used...the E12A sounded like a good deal (love that amp) and then next thing you know your investment is starting to grow. But then, you take a second to realize that many here have spent far more than that on their...
 I use JRMC as well (love it) and all my music shows up the exact same way there. 
I'm using and really enjoying the FiiO X5 II yet I'm curious if the way I've always kept the music on my PC and load it on the DAP is unusual.   On my PC, all of the music in the "My Music" folder are complete albums, each album in its own folder, named and tagged with the album art (resized sized to 500X500). For example;  Arne Domnerus - Jazz At The Pawnshop  24.96 (FLAC) or Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti  24.96 (FLAC).    I'm not having any issues as all, simply...
 I haven't tried that cable with the P7's, but I can tell you that they sound wonderful with the FiiO E12A. The E12 is a great amp for the money and for harder to drive phones like Planar's, yet the E12A works great with IEM's and most full-size headphones. It also has a quieter background than the E12 when used with more sensitive IEM's/headphone's, and in my opinion it simply sounds better. It has sweeter highs, is more spacious sounding and has more presence in the...