Posts by bhd812

Sunny Shot of the El Primero...  
  I was the same way. I remember wearing a Swatch watch when i was young but then the pager age came in and i stopped. My Older brother kept telling me to get into watches when i was really into headphone hi-fi but i used to use my cell phone back then, i was maybe 24-25. Then i picked up a Tissot T-Race one day and wore it about a year nonstop till one day i forgot it at home and felt empty and lost without a watch on. I then just started buying and the rest is up to...
btw Rolex last month had its first price increase for 2011. My white Milgauss I bought less then 7 months ago at a retail at $6.600 is now $7150. If you buy from an AD now with the same discount I got you would still pay more for the watch itself without the tax included, even with the tax i paid you're still paying $50 mre for just the watch today. That is crazy!
looks like a NOMOS, not sure what the price  between the two but a NOMOS does have an inhouse movement.  
i would guess fake, not into the BFB line but the subdials and bracelet looks fake.  
was it M7? i remember because i ordered one also and never bought it. I did end up buying the M17 from them though that year. I am not sure if the watch was cursed with bad luck or what but I didnt like it all that much. I ended up selling it and made a profit...I guess the M17 was a high demand model last year because it was not many out there and the Lum-Tec owners got crazy with demand (like Panerai owners, or hp-1000 buyers, or etc etc).    ImmT that was a...
E322VL is the one to go for.   I had a Vizio 32 lcd i used as a computer monitor for years and years without A SINGLE PROBLEM! I upgraded last year to the world best, and i mean the worlds top rated Back Lit LED/LCD Samsung 46 8500. Yeah the picture quality is amazing on the Sammy but the crap shuts off randomly often, has this weird hum that goes in and out from the Power supply, and sometimes the buttons on tv dont work at all. In other words Sammy quality...
lower priced stuff are Quartz (battery) and the higher priced are Automatic (no battery, wrist powered). Some have the Carbon fiber dial and some have a black dial. Some have a black PVD case and some have a bead blasted silver case. Also some have a 24 hour dial and some have a 12 hour dial. And some have a Chronograph and some don't, I think all the chrono B stuff are quartz..i think.   A quartz should be more accurate then the Auto, My B13 has a Seiko Automatic...
Yes I made a quick video for you to show how fast and easy changing a NATO is done.   http://youtu.be/OOPI3TO0kvY   when you put on a leather strap or bracelet it takes a bit longer because you have to remove the spring bars with a tool. still not hard but just a few more mins of work.     I bought a few cheaper NATO but I know there are better out there. I think ZULU or something like that is really good, others in this thread can talk about better NATO straps though....
I have a B13 and a M24 Lum-Tec myself and will be picking up their B-16 when it comes out this year also. I use them for when i am at work or cleaning or dirty jobs. Before i used to use a Breitling Seawolf and a B&M Capeland S for this role but since taking ownership of the two Lum-Tecs I sold the other watches and gladly wear these with no regrets! That says allot about a small Ohio based company replacing two great Swiss COSC spec watches (i really loved the...