or Connect

Posts by Tyll Hertsens

Quote: Originally Posted by Lunatique The graphs do not show this at all, and in fact, the D2000 and D5000 both appears to be more extended and the roll-off is less steep than the D7000? I've pondered that myself. Initially I thought the D7000 might have not had a good seal when we measured them, but the isolation measurement shows that the seal on the 7000 and 5000 was about the same. It is clear to me that the D7000 has "more bass" than...
When you listen to audio above approx. 90dB, the "acoustic reflex" begins to kick in. In brief, at high sound levels, the small muscles of your middle ear pull the bones that transport vibration away from the ear drum and oval window of the inner ear. The effect of the muscle contractions is to reduce the apparent sound level by as much as 20dB. But it also introduces noise and distortion of the sound due to the tensed muscles, so at some point in raising sound level the...
You're right, computers are very complicated and our expertise is in recommending headphones and constructing reliable hardware. Getting the bits to it in good order could be so many things, I'd suggest asking the questions over in the computer audio section, there's lots of very smart folks over there.
You'd have to look into the Sabre DAC carefully to get even a remote gist of exactly how it works, but it is doing upsamling internally and it's a VERY high rate -- megahertz I believe. Here's a link to my blog post that has links to more technical information. Right Between Your Ears ยป Information resources for the ESS Sabre DAC.
I'd like to echo what Ivy said, so often you go to websites with customer reviews and they're obviously written either by people who had a problem with the product, or who are gushing over a recently recieved product with emotion but no real insight. I'm so very pleased to see so many more thoughtful than ordinary posts that you folks are obviously writing. Thanks!
It's hard to say, I'd have to have them set up right next to each other and have a long listening session. My guess is that answer is not to much. There's lots of power supply decoupling and separate filtration for left and right. It's certainly in that 1% area.
Quote: Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver I submitted a five-star review on my most recent headphone purchase, a Sennheiser PX 100-II, after owning it for less than a day. Yer such a push-over. Just kidding, that is a great little headphone.
Sorry mate, yes, you got it right. There's not that much difference. One other thing is the unbalanced input, the old Max or Home didn't have that.
Quote: Originally Posted by rhythmdevils the graphs don't show diddly squat. The Shures sound more neutral than the denons, and that matters more than numbers. The 840 are a warm sounding headphone, the D2000 a somewhat fast and tight sounding can. That's what I hear. You can see that the Shure is warmer here: You can see that the Denon has a slightly better High frequency squarewave response in that the initial ring doesn't swing as far,...
You'll have to understand I said all those things when it was for me to say them, and that's not the case anymore. Travis has his own agenda and ways of going about getting there, so I wouldn't take my old words as indicative of what the company's intentions are now, they may or may not be and it's no longer for me to make any comments about HeadRoom's future directions. Please don't read this as me not liking the company's directions or anything of the kind, it's simply...