Posts by Tyll Hertsens

Darn good advice so far. Thanks chaps.
Quote: Originally Posted by auradud3 my main source is my 2009 macbook pro, and the new quality of fidelity really can leave some cd's sounding poor, between the cans and the amp everything is laid out i front of me, good or bad, is there a more preferred way to rip over i tunes? I use CDex or Exact Audio copy, but I don't think they run on Macs. Ask the question in the computer audio section here. Quote: plus now that i have...
Thanks guys, great comments! We'll be talking about some of them here at HeadRoom, that's for sure. I'm out tomorrow, o-dark-thirty. Please keep the comments coming, this is a good chance to influence what's going to happen.
Quote: Originally Posted by GreatDane I'll be looking for more... Go live date is in a coupla months. I'll be writing mostly web stuff 'til then, so you won't see the content change much from now 'til then. This is mostly the comment period. Say, how many of you guys Twitter?
If you've read my first thread on this subject, you'll know I've been relieved of my executive duties in order to find a way to focus on the things I'm really good at ... being a headphone geek. Over the last six months we've been working on brushing up our website, and I've spent a lot of time on the writing part of that task. In the process of developing a strategy for our web content, we find that in making the e-commerce site more efficient we have to make it smoother...
The scratchyness is because we don't want caps in series with the signal chain at all, so there's a little DC flowing through the pot. When you turn the pot, surface noise modulates the DC and creates signal: the scratchy sound. So the pots not really bad, and there's no problem unless you're turning the pot. The channel imbalance at the low end is just "one of those things" with that pot. I'd suggest you don't worry about it, it's got it's problems, but otherwise it's...
Yeah, on all our units with two jacks thay're just in parallel on the inside. The amps have plenty of umph to drive two cans. The potential volume missmatch is the only problem.
Quote: Originally Posted by plonter don't wanna spoil the party, but this thread is on the headroom's forum because...?? Because it's too noisy outside to think? Carry on, if you want to chat in this corner that's okay with me.
Quote: Originally Posted by rsaavedra PS. By the way, here taking the opportunity for my never-ending request: any chance we might get some day measurements for the R10 and HP2???? You bet. Again, it's got to wait until we get everything we sell measured -- and that list seems to fill as fast as it empties sometimes -- But I would absolutely LOVE to measure some R10s ... K1000, Orphius, Qualias, the list goes on and on.
Sorry, mate. It seems to me that the differences are most likely positional differences of the measurements being take at widely different times. Once we get all the cans we sell up (which should be fairly soon), we'll be doing some experiments to evaluate positional differences more carefully. It's very hard to tell when you have the headphones position correctly on the head -- if there is even such a thing. Over time we'll slowly work on weeding out measurement...