Posts by Tyll Hertsens

Quote: Originally Posted by oaklandrkg save the meta-condescending replies for others - when I need the "messy adventure" explained I'll ask Wittgenstein, Campbell, Hesse, or Dostoevsky; I'll ask lots of people, just not someone who is acting as though their ego has been challenged. Dood, I think you're mistaking my comments. Really. Your impressions are fine by me, I was just making general comments mostly stirred up by this...
Quote: Originally Posted by Hatmann Tyll -- just to clarify: you do or do not recommend turning the DPS off and on? Well ... I recommend turning it off if you're not using it for more than a few hours or so. Why use the energy if you aren't using it? But it won't hurt it to leave it on all the time, if you so choose ... or, I should say, you won't notice a degradation of performance for 2 or 3 decades, or something like that.
Quote: Originally Posted by oaklandrkg Listening to music should only be about personal tastes, so whatever tickles your pickle or jams your clam is ultimately whatever's right. Well, see, that's the problem: the place where your "personal tastes" come from is a lazy dog. Your pleasure self would much rather stick to what it already likes than go through the struggle of adjusting to something new. And sadly it must take the time to adjust to...
Quote: Originally Posted by aimlink I resurrected my old SpitFire DAC and the sound difference was surprisingly different. The SpitFire had a distinctly darker and less resolving sound. Interestingly, when going from the SpitFire to the Ultra Micro DAC, I was more taken up with the increased resolution while at the time, feeling that the overall sound signature was very similar. You know, I think the number of times we're fooled by our own...
Quote: Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver In other words, not worth anywhere near the $70 price premium over the cheaper model. My experience is that the price of a pair of headphones dosen't have too much to do with how good it sounds. That gotten a lot better over the last 20 years, but it's still true sometimes.
Actually the reason we use the switch on the back of the DPS is because when you route 110VAC on the board to a switch on the front panel you have to have it separately certifiec as safe by UL (underwriters labs) for sale and export. By using the power switch on the power entry module, the safety certification comes with the power entry module and doesn't have to be re-certified. The power switch on the other units are turning on and off +/- 15 VDC so don't have to be...
Quote: Originally Posted by Gluegun Regarding the sony's.... Are the G75LW really worth 4/5 value? They have the same value rating as the comparable Koss KSC-75's, which are cheaper? Well ... when comparing apples to oranges, one number doesn't really do the issue justice. For starters, the KSC 75 is a clip-on and the G75LW is a behind the neck. Secondly, let's imagine we're recommending headphones for a skateboarder and a lady executive....
Quote: Originally Posted by wantmyf1 And why trust reviews about a product on a site that is selling that same product? Because if we sell you things you aren't satisfied with, you're likely to return them. We struggle with this issue, let me assure you we're working very hard figuring it out, but we DO want to be trust worthy, and we will diligently strive to earn it. BTW, thanks for bringing it up.
You really ought to listen to the Titans, they're pretty good... actually VERY, VERY good for the price. And the Holuas are very good sounding as well. The Sony MDR-V500 is also quite good, but I'm going to talk to the folks here about spendin some more time with the V700 ... I think it's weak. I'll tell you a little story, I have a 13 year old daughter. I handed here a pair of gaudy plaid Skullcandy headphones and a pair of Denon 1001s. The 1001 is obviously far...
D'oh!!! 'Course Mikes done so many good things in the past ... can't get too mad with him. Please let us know if there's something we need to do for you.