Posts by rhw

I got my T1 on Friday, therefore it is really young, running now two days continuously. My first impressions: The finish is really fine, form and material, touch and look .... The headphone is very amplifier sensitive. With a J.Sound Lab single ended triode it sounds very smooth with a bit blown up bass region. With an iBasso D10 (BGmod) it sounds warm and full bodied. With a Yamamoto HA-02 it sounds "taller" with controlled bass region, smooth midrange and silky treble....
Sounds interesting ..... There are some photos from inside and the back on page 8 of this thread http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f7/abr...69/index8.html
Looks fine
Thanks for the description of the sound character of the different caps in the D10. I will stay with my BGs D10. Just listened to the Pop Pulse PCM1796 DAC over the D10 amp section and compared to the internal DAC. It is not bad. The D10 DAC sounds smoother, piano tones are a bit rounded, soundspace is a bit more compact. In contrast the (unmodified) Pop Pulse is cleaner and more open.
ONCE AGAIN FOR SALE S O L D
Yes I get the feeling that the top mid range sounds a bit veiled (the lower mid range - lower sax notes - is fine). Maybe the GS1k needs longer burn in (now appr. 200 hours). I remember that the RS1 and HF2 needed much more time. I also can go back to the WE tubes, using Philips NOS now.
Well, I am not a good reviewer ..... In my chain, with the Monica DAC in front of the Yamamoto, the sound of the GS1k is very smooth from bottom to top. Compared to the HF2 the bass goes deeper, the sound(head)space is much bigger. Every instrument is located at its place. But in opposite to the HF2 the whole presentation is more laid back. There is a welcome warmth coming from a slight emphasis of the top-bass to low-midth region but overall the sound is well balanced...
Quote: Originally Posted by Gu Sensei I was quite surprised to see a pair of T1s on display at a big audio store in Osaka a few days ago. So surprised, in fact, that I rubbed my eyes and did a ‘double take.’ At which point they were gone. I was then truly shocked to look down and notice my wallet empty and a strange weighty shopping bag clutched greedily in my hands. So much for that new SACD player I was shopping for... ... Hope this helps!...
~sale pending~
Quote: Originally Posted by wower I'm closely looking at getting the T1 sight unseen while moon audio still has the intro offer up. The only thing that worries me is that well Shige-san says the yammy is good up to 600 ohms, he notes the optimal loading is 50 ohms. Saw the 6moons, didn't see the trafomatic but I'm sticking with the yammy for sentimental reasons. Overall I really am happy with it long term. Might get to try the yammy with an HD800 in Feb. I...