Posts by rhw

Hello. Seems to be that some have ordered the DAC. What's your experience with it? Does anyone know how it compares to the North Star 192 DAC(s)?   Thanks - and a nice summer (winter for the southern hemisphere)
Thanks for the informations. Nice setup. Heavy portable rig ..... :) (I think I will wait for the second or third generation iPad. It may become lighter and faster ....) Would be interested how the t5p compares to the T1. Does it have the same sound signature, resolution? (Just a technical question. Which cable does Beyerdynamic use for the T5p? For the T1 they use the Sommer Peacock Mk II (OFC) dual mic cable.) Cheers Reiner
For those interested in adapter solutions. I changed the original plug of the T1 to a five pin Neutrik XLR plug. The adapter connects the iBasso to a five pin XLR cable socket using Mogami cable (2893 Mini Quad), which is thinner than the Beyerdynamic/Sommer cable Peacock MK II. A second adapter connects the original plug to a five pin XLR socket. Cheers   ::::::::::::::::: I used the following pin configurations: For the Hirose/iBasso plug (from the...
The PB1 can drive the T1 easily. For normal listening level in SE it's at 10 to 11 o'clock. In balanced mode it's at 9 o'clock. There is plenty of power. In my first impression (built a balanced adapter today) bass and treble are more forward in balanced mode, in SE a bit more laid back. Will burn it in for a while ... Cheers
I couldn't resist in trying the little Yammy with some speakers. Looking for some small, (relatively) high efficient speakers I tripped over some tangband horn speakers - the D4-1. - http://www.tb-speaker.com/detail/1208_03/D4-1.htm - The sensitivity does not look really high, but the 88db/W work for me in a 20qm room. It sounds fine with a very detailed midrange, a firm but not very deep bass and a smooth treble. A bit of fullrange - SE tube amp magic. Cheers
Thanks ...... Interesting reading ....
I asked Srajan Ebaen by mail which amp he prefers (Burson, Woo, Trafomatic Audio Head One, iDecco or even Yamamoto, he owned before). His reply: It works great with all amps. Seeing the Burson is cooler than the tubed Woo, the latter simply emphasizes the greater warmth of the T1.   Cheers
Well, I am speaking of volume levels around 8 to 10 o'clock. The Yamamoto shall be optimized to Audio Technica phones, low impedance .... (but work for high impedance phones, too). Strange behaviour ..... and it sounds really fine with the RS1. It sounds fine with the T1, too, but with a very tight bass. I thought a bad (impedance) match would lead to a wooly bass ... and low treble.  
I appreciate the T1 very much, running with D10, J.SoundLab headphone amp or Yamamoto HA-02. The presentation is really different. While the sound is more warm with full bodied voices on the iBasso D10 (with PopPulse DAC as source, with the D10 DAC there is less bass) , it is very smooth with the J.SoundLab (the impulses are "rounded", softened). The transparence of the T1 on the Yamamoto is really stunning. Also the sound is lighter, the bass very firm, the treble...
Quote: Originally Posted by JaZZ You seem to forget the rest of the membrane (see the many other holes on the driver): The sound waves coming from them are reflected on the plastic surface behind them, back to and through the driver/membrane, thus mixed with the direct sound waves. The term «reflex» is misleading. It's not a phase-inversion system à la bass-reflex speakers, just a vent. And the way it's designed it will reflect mid and high frequencies...