Posts by rhw

Quote: Originally Posted by Baines93 How much is the H1? I wonder if i would hear a difference over my Behringer U Control USB powered amp/dac? There is little hiss with the most sensetive phones and it sounds pretty good too... Derek Shek/Sigtone is selling over ebay or directly. Sigtone - Shek h1 All-in-1 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier - eBay (item 230278079690 end time Aug-11-08 03:04:27 PDT) Sigtone ->go products->h1 At the moment the h1 seems...
Quote: Originally Posted by jrosenth I think an op amp swap with an adapter might be possible if you really know how to solder - but I'm not too sure how much more you'll really be able to squeeze out of it if streaming web radio is the source - really depends on the quality of the signal. I have the D1 and love it - it's the newer white that does re-clocking - I also added a slightly better power supply from radio shack but have often thought of...
Quote: Originally Posted by jrosenth Hey RHW glad so see someone else using a Shek H1. It's fun to see such a change to the usual cast of characters - and thanks for looking inside - BB OPA 2227 opamp would have been my guess on the op amp so nice to know that's what it is. I find it's dac pretty decent and am still happily using mine and enjoying it (one of the few pieces of equipment I haven't rotated through. Were I using it just for an amp though I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Hayduke well since nobody else has said it yet..... welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet Many thanks but the cable was not very expensive - each plug 3USD and 14USD for 1m wire + some time
Quote: Originally Posted by psyllium Nice pics, rhw Thanks Quote: Originally Posted by Baines93 Nice pics rwh, funky amp... Square knob Matt Thanks The Sigtone amp is relatively unknown. There was a review by jrosenth some time ago. Compared to "no amp" it unveiles the sound of the touch, removes some grain from treble to bass. Maybe not the last word in resolution. I looked inside. It uses a PCM BB 2702 DAC...
Hello, here my first message, first rig touch - LOD adapter - DIY cable (Mundorf AU/AG) - Shek h1 - RS1 //more for inhouse use// featuring Yo****omo Nara art toy - Pup King